VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Hey,

My Dad died. But he didn't really just die. My Ol' Dad killed himself last Friday, the 7th. I guess he was tired of dealing with the bull****. He went out in his backyard and shot himself. Rio Rancho Police called my sister-in-law in Washington State and she called me about 7:00 AM. My little brother was in town, by chance or by fate, and we went down to UNMH thinking we'd be picking up Dad and bringing him home. But instead we got to say our last (or is that first) I love you’s; then had to pull the plug on the assisted breathing. Dad died about an hour later. Too tough to even kill himself quick, I guess, or maybe God just wanted my little brother to give his Jesus Lord and Savior speech.

We spent the week dealing with the stuff you would expect for such an event. Dad didn't want an obituary or a funeral or even a memorial service. He was specific about these things in his will. We had his body cremated and we spread his ashes at a little place up in Northern New Mexico, Charette Lake. We have a lot of family memories up there.

I figure I should have shared this little saga sooner, but the truth is I've only told two people, Rick Sieman and Ron Burton. Rick started Dirt Bike Magazine back in '71 (but you know that) and literally saved my life, I ain't bull****in' about that either. Ron is a good friend of mine from back in the glory days of dirt biking. So anyway...I don’t know how you tell this to your friends without sounding like a homo looking for sympathy. I have a lot of stuff to do since I’m the executor of the will. I guess that’s because I live in town and my other, smarter, brothers are out of town or are assholes.

Good thing Dad wasn’t a millionaire, I’d never go back to work.

I don’t know what really made Dad do it; his own stubbornness or the ****ty way health care makes the old geezers wait forever to have their problems addressed. Doctors should run health care, not insurance companies.

I’m bitter and guilty and I better stop now . . . had a few sips of wine you know. And maybe a few sips of that Crown Royal from my Dad’s cabinet; I gave it to him for Christmas and it wasn’t even opened yet. His house is empty and the painters started erasing his presence today.

Wes

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Wes, I can't imagine there is anything I can say that will be much comfort. You've got plenty of friends here and if we can help you deal with this in any way just say the word. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I've not had much interaction with you on here Wes, but I've read quite a bit of posts by you..

I'm with Chili.. Anything at all, we're here for you!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'd love to say all the right things... I honestly have no clue what would be right, right now?

I will say this much, I (and I'm sure everyone here) feel for you brother. Like Doug said, anything, which may not be much but there are many here that have had the pleasure of hanging with you... if there is anything, even if it's just listening, any way at all we can help...

I'm sorry Wes.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man Wes, I'm really sorry to hear about yor dad. I pray that he is at peace now and that you and your family find some peace, however you can.

Dave

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I'm very sorry to hear this Wes. You and your family will be in our thoughts - I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Just remember that if you need anything, as everyone else has said, we are all here for you.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Man, that's a tough deal all around. As stated before, there probably ain't much any of us can say to make any real difference.

But know this: we're all here for you however, and we won't think you a homo for anything you might need.

your pal, Pred

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Thanks all y'all all. We're starting to get back to normal around here. It all seems like a long time ago now.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I'm sorry about your loss! As everyone else has said, please let us know if or what we can do to help!? Even if it's just getting things out, and this is a great place to do it!

We may be spread about this world, but many of us will be going through the same thing and your family sounds a lot like my family.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Damn Wes, we're here for ya' buddy.

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Wes.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please accept my most sincere sympathy. You've got my phone number. Call any time.

Terry.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
biglou said:
Wes, ditto all of the above for me. I love ya, man.
I love Wes' chili man ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Patman said:
Damn Wes, we're here for ya' buddy.
I'm at a loss. Anytime my friend, anytime.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Wes, I am very heavy hearted to hear about your loss.
Remember that we all care very much about you. If there is anything you need or want, or anything we can do, let us know.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Sorry to hear that Wes, let me know if there is anything I can do.

Matt

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Wes,
I feel for you bud. Lossing your dad is tough, but the added stress of the situation, I cant imagine. My thoughts are with you, hang in there.

Walt

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Death is never welcome news, especially when there is no explanation or cry for help. Keep your friends close and tell 'em what you're thinkin'. It's free therapy.

All the best to you as you go through this difficult period.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Sorry to hear the sad news, Wes. Suicide is a horrible thing, and it's very hard for me to comprehend. I know your pain, to an extent, as my best bud from Iowa took his life a while back. I still am not over it.

Take care and we all wish you the best.

Bruce

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Wes, very sorry to hear news like this from anyone but coming from an awesome person such as yourself it is even more devastating. Give a shout if there is anything I can do.

Top Bottom