sparta4188

Jul 23, 2007
hey guys it's my first post on here just signed up and wanting to know what bike to choose.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'8 120lbs, play foot ball
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
very aggressive and don't really care if i fall if my quad/bikes ok or i didn't break anything
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
might want to race a little in the future i don't think my dad wants me to.So i do mostly everything like rocks, hill climbs,long straight aways (i need some speed) pretty wet in some places and always need good suspension
4) Do you have any riding experience?
6 years on a quad , 2 on a dirtbike
5) Do you think you will race ?
maybe but maybe not
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
most normal stuff like rejet a carb or change oil, break pads you know , easy stuff :)
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
4 stroke umm not a chinese brand.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
yes i actually have a 16 mile trail in my backyard to a Honda Yamaha dealer
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?as little as possible
10) Do you live in California?
nope new jersey
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
umm my dad doesent want me to get a 250 because he thinks it will be to big for me. my mom wants me to buy something new(what a rip off) i am leaning towards that crf 230 but i want a 250. i have liked Honda and i want to stick with honda.

Last edited:

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Why not an XR250? They are only but 2-3 h.p. extra than the 230. Plus you will more than likely find a better deal on a used xr250 than the newer crfs. Either way you can't go wrong with any 4T honda enduro.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
GENERAL INFORMATION on XR250R
INSURANCE Get an Insurance Quote
MANUFACTURER Honda
MODEL YEAR 2003
MODEL XR250R
M.S.R.P. * $4,699.00
POWERTRAIN
ENGINE 249cc, air cooled, dry sump, single cylinder, four stroke, SOHC, four-valve RFVC
DISPLACEMENT 249cc
BORE X STROKE 73.0mm X 59.5mm
COMPRESSION RATIO 10.2:1
DRIVETRAIN
CARBURETION 30mm piston-valve
IGNITION Solid state CD with electronic advance
TRANSMISSION 6-speed
FINAL DRIVE #520 o-ring sealed chain, 13T/48T
DIMENSIONS
WHEELBASE 55.1 in.
SEAT HEIGHT 36.0 in.
GROUND CLEARANCE 12.4 in.
DRY WEIGHT 240.0 lbs.
FUEL CAPACITY 2.4 gal., including 0.5 gal. reserve
BRAKES / WHEELS / TIRES
SUSPENSION Front: 41mm leading axle Kayaba cartridge fork with adjustable compression damping, 10.6" of travel
Rear: Pro-Link single Kayaba shock with adjustable compression and rebound damping, 10.6" of travel
BRAKES Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single disc
TIRES Front: 80/100-21
Rear: 100/100-18

As for parts look it up online im sure there are plenty of aftermarket mods and accessories to fit your liking.

EDIT* Top Speed on XR250 is 63-68mph can be adjusted with different sized sprockets though.
They ceased production of the XR250 and 400 models in March of 2005 but you could still probable find a left over in a dealership somewhere or a nicely preserved used one in local listings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom