The Governor

Jan 20, 2004
I'm 29 yrs. old with 4 yrs. of street bike experience and 1 yr. of track day/road race experience. They've just opened a motocross track by my house and I want to hit it up. Any suggestions on a bike? I'm a relatively fast rider on pavement and want to get faster. That is why I'm looking at motocross.

Thanks!

-Brian

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
We all have our favorites. I have an 00 and 01 yz250 and really like them. My friends have CR's, KX's and KTM's, they like their own bike best. Can't really go wrong with what Erick82 said, all the newer bikes are great. You may be able to do a search and find power/handling info on the different bikes.

The Governor

Jan 20, 2004
TWRT said:
We all have our favorites. I have an 00 and 01 yz250 and really like them. My friends have CR's, KX's and KTM's, they like their own bike best. Can't really go wrong with what Erick82 said, all the newer bikes are great. You may be able to do a search and find power/handling info on the different bikes.

Thanks! I'll check 'em out.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
If you are serious about racing I would think you might like the YZ250 because of its neutral handling, overall good motor and suspension. Most other brands have extravagant traits that make it hard to learn on. I personnaly am tied to buy hondas (03CR250 right now) and still can't get used to the hard to turn chassis and horrible suspension. Whenever I get a chance to ride my friend's YZ's on the track, right after I always get so depressed thinking about how my bike su cks.

Top Bottom