wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Yep thats right 10:15 am Friday the 6th of april, Patty, Myself and the poop machine was in the laywers office to sign on for debt that could be described as HOLY COW BATMAN! Its going to be in her name so I guess i will have to behave huh?

Anyway after 3+ years and like 10-15 different locations we have put the ink behind this one.

We hope to open for just good ole trail riding in as little as 2-4 weeks. Fencing and insurance issues are currently being resolved.

NOW before everyone busts my butt, this riding area will have ATV's on certain days and bikes on certain days. maybe one or two days a week for both. You guys mite not like ATV's much in here but they out number dirtbike riders 4-1. everyone should have a place to ride is my point I guess.
the particulars will be figured out as we go.

I will have pictures up for the place in the next few days.......102 acres, 300 foot hill with varing angles of ascent.
going to build a sx track, mini track, and a big track that i never got to finish elsewere....then be ready for one thing for sure......midwest battle of the big boars :p

Looking into a name for the place.
so far it looks like
Fox Valley Off Road Academy.

yes i will be having all different instructional classes from the beginner to the "A" pro rider. I should have learned something in 27 years.

Anyway, i guess you can say the work has begun......this place has no improvments, not even a driveway.......that alone is a 1/4 mile long.

AJ has walked the place and seen it.

wardy going to be a busy boy :)

------------------
wardy
"don't wake me.......I am working." http://www.megacross.com

[This message has been edited by wardy (edited 04-09-2001).]

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Congratulations Wardy :) So, next spodefest at your place? Hope you've got heaps of volunteers to help you out, sounds like you'll need it :D
Michelle

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Congrats Wardy! I hope everything works out the way you want it to. :)

I guess I'd better make my way east before the quads ruin the trails. :eek:

------------------
John
00 CR500AF
No Fear....Just Respect
ST's Picture Page

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
midwest battle of the big boars
As in "Wild Pigs"? :p

Congratulations!

Give my buddy Jimmy a call, 803-482-4759. After running their own place with trails and 3 tracks for 7 years, he should've learned something about some things to look out and prepare for.

------------------

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Congrats Wardy and Patty - I can't wait to ride there after riding the other tracks that you have been a part of!! :confused:

Can't wait to see some pictures and some kind of blueprint for the final product!!

------------------
'01 YZ 125 - #32
2000 D17 Women's Motocross Champion
Sponsors: DGY, MX-Tech, Bell, Smith, Works Connection, Boyesen, Twin Air, SoCal/DeCal Works, Morris Trailer Sales, and Skyway Trucking

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by wardy:
the poop machine

LMAO!!!

I got one of those on the way also!

Any 'off-road' events possible in Wardyland?

------------------

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
North of Ottawa IL 4 miles then east 2 miles then south a 1/4 mile LOL easier then it sounds.

not sure on opening date depends on weather and my ability to get things done.....no comments aj.

some off road stuff could be very possible. lots of woods.

------------------
wardy
"don't wake me.......I am working."
http://www.megacross.com

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Psst...Patty: If you want to build a trail quickly, tie a cheeseburger to the back of a rabbit and send Wardy after it on the AF500. After fifteen minutes you'll either have 7 miles of twisty trail or you'll have to buy another rabbit.

------------------

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer:
Psst...Patty: If you want to build a trail quickly, tie a cheeseburger to the back of a rabbit and send Wardy after it on the AF500. After fifteen minutes you'll either have 7 miles of twisty trail or you'll have to buy another rabbit.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Congrats, Wardy & Patty. I would be willing to make the trek up there for an occassional Hare Scramble. Is this venture going to be a yearly "membership" facillity or a "daily pay" venue?

wrench

------------------

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Congrats Wardy, I know you have been trying to do something for years.
Let me know if you need some trails laid out, I'm sure the old man and me could lay out some good stuff for ya.

------------------
Team Funmartcycle.com
2000 KTM 200EXC & 250EXC

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Congrats to both of you! Good luck also. I am looking forward to coming down and doing some riding. :D

------------------
KX250 my toy
yz80 kids toy, kx60 other kids toy, jr50 other, other kids toy

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Congrats :) Now if I could only make it the 500000 miles to ride there :)

------------------

'91 RM 250

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Very Cool!
Could you buy something near my house? :)

Kevin

------------------
McCune's Scottish Pub
Brews That You Can Chew!

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Wardy,
Any pictures posted on the net? Hows the place coming along? Any time frame on an opening date yet.
Walt

------------------
KX250 my toy
yz80 kids toy, kx60 other kids toy, jr50 other, other kids toy

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Wardy -- I'm very happy for you. Though I don't know you, that sounds like a dream realized. You should be proud -- and overjoyed. You are a lucky man, I think.

------------------

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Oh man Gomer you're too much. Laughing-Laughing-Laughing.

------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook at My Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

Top Bottom