Warning For Ims Pro Series Foot Peg

pvxr400

Nov 4, 2001
Hi all,

I had a very bad experience today with my new IMS pro-series foot peg and my new AlpineStar Tech-8 boots.

I heard before that the pegs with time will cut the sole of a boot. So I said to myself. Ok, I'll ride with my new boots and keep an eye on the sole.

But things want really bad!!! It's not the sole that got damaged. It's the side of the boot. My new boot are cut completely about 2inch on the side at one place. Another Half a inch somewhere else. Ouch!!! I couldn't believe it when I washed my boots after the ride. I paid big money for the boots and scrap them after one ride. It was the first time I was wearing them.

So I just wanted to warn you. Forget about the sole. It's the side of your boot that will be cut if you don't grind the "knife" on your IMS peg. The knife are on the round side of the peg.

How can IMS design such a peg? I can't afford a new pair of boot after each ride?

Anybody experienced that?

Patrick

Sep 23, 2002
that sucks man. how did that happen??? i made my stock pegs pretty sharp. i do have some small scratches but nothing big. are they deep enough that you can see the bootie?

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
pvxr400, before I even rode with my IMS pro pegs, I took a large flat file and removed the point's off the teeth and dulled the outside area that cut your boots. They still grip fine and my boots show normal wear on the soles. After reading your post I know now I did the right thing!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I just bought a set of the IMS Super Stock. They have rounded teeth (just like my stock pegs) and they grip more then enough. Plus they are 6mm wider than the stock pegs. It's like standing on a platform:)

pvxr400

Nov 4, 2001
96717: It's only the round tip of the peg that is the problem. Unlike the other spike on the peg, the one on the round side are sharp like a knife. It even cut a part of the sole on the side of the boot. About the cut on the boot. It's deep enough that you can see inside the boot.

Steve125: Just thank yourself!!! You saved a pair of boots. Me I scrapped my brand new Tech-8 plus my old pair of boots. I'll try to find some glue and see what I can do... I still feel so sad about what happened...

Patrick

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I've used IMS Pro pegs on three bikes; never had this problem < shrugs >

Top Bottom