Sep 11, 2005
Hi, I have 2 questions.
I live on Vashon Island, WA(you can take a ferry from one end of the island to seattle and another ferry from the other end of the isalnd and get to tacoma) here there is a gravel pit that is not used and people go there and ride dirt bikes sometimes (technicly illegal but no one cares). Its getting kinda boring up there now I wanted to know if anyone knew of a place close to seattle or tacoma were i can ride, I like riding on dirt or gravel trails ones that are atleast wide enough for a small suv to squeeze through, I don't like narrow twisting bicycle trails. I don't mind big puddles or bumps but I don't like bushwacking my way through tight challenging trails.

My second question is, I have been on vacation to the ocean(pacific beach) and I had a blast driving the car around on the wide open, never ending beaches but I can't even imagine how fun it would be with dirt bikes, but they only allow street legal vehicle on that part. I was talking to a friend and we want to plan a trip down there.
Does anyone know of a beach were we can camp and legaly ride dirt bikes up and down the beach?

I have a '92 wr200
Thanks,
Colin :ride:

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
cooldude3552000 said:
Does anyone know of a beach were we can camp and legaly ride dirt bikes up and down the beach?

Not in Washington but there are plenty of places down the Oregon coast to do some sand riding. As far as other trails in the state check out http://nmaoffroad.org/ they have info on most of the legal riding areas in the state. You will also need to check on the fuel restrictions for the ferry system as I don't think you are allowed to have a full gas can with you on a state ferry.

Steve

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
There are sand dunes open to motorcycles in Moses Lake and Vantage/Beverly. Neither has any beach you can ride.

Top Bottom