woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
I am looking for new places to ride on Washington, I live in Olympia so usually ride Capitol Forest or Tahuya, now looking for something new. I have heard of some good riding in Naches or Gifford Pinchot... Any of you guys have any info on camping, trail difficulty, trail heads, best time of year etc?????? Any help would be appreciated. If anyone has links to maps in .pdf format that would be great.

Thanks Guys

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
GP is a good bet for some great camping, riding, the distance from major metro centers keeps the big crowds at bay. It's a bit earlie yet for all trails to be open but it might be worth a call. Naches is good also, when the snow melts there are some good loops and they tie into the buck meadows/taneum trails. Evans Creek is closer good crowds of mosquitos there and has some single track and also some challenging jeep trails, I watched a guy lose his kx in a puddle. I never had such a hard time keeping a straight face! He got so mad he sold his bike and then bought another 3 weeks later. Three rides after that he slapped the brush hard after trying to wheelie across a puddle so he wouldn't get his feet wet. On the way home he said he was going to start working out to toughen up but he sold his bike instead and moved out of town. I guess some peolple are born to struggle miserably, or as Thoreau put it " lead lives of quiet desperation" loudly in this case.

We will be at rock candy in the AM for a jetting sware' and probably hit the evans on friday pm.

Top Bottom