Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Washougal Pics

Just a couple of shot from Washougal... promise to get a better camera and a press pass soon :)

Ramsy, Ping and Ivan... "okay, if we stack 'em just right..."

Attachments

• nramsy.jpg
    nramsy.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 433

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Very Nice! I'm so jealous... I've never been to a national.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Thanks Okie and Erik for the pictures! Yeah - that track does look sweet! And all of the fans wearing jeans in July also makes it a tempting track to want to ride!! :) I was so happy to see that K-Dub won both motos - he has been my favorite rider since I got into this whole MX thing!! He is behind RC by 40-something points... and there are 3 races left - never know what can happen!! (BTW - I believe Kevin finished 2nd and 3rd in the 250 MX points in '99 and '00 - about time for a 1st, huh?) I am also glad to see Timmy Ferry still up there now that the season is starting to wind down! Go #14 and #15!! :confused:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Digital cams aren't the best for action :(
Pretty good shots though. I'm surprised Mike didn't knock you down...

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
I know what you mean Okiewan

Sometimes you feel as though you should wear gear even when you're a spectator.:scream:

Very nice pictures.

Last edited:

Mike Fallon

May 28, 2001
nice pictures,i could not go to the race, iam only about 45 min from the track i have run on it its a fun track i like the big down hill what a rush

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Hey look theres Okie....

I thought you were going to post a picture of me waiting in line to get in the out house....

Windam was hauling arse for sure.... The crowd was really cheering him on. I think it really helped him out.......

And then hearing Dicky Cartright whine....Waaa Waaa "the lappers wouldnt let me by"......."It might have been closer"........ It was Ironic though A Berg pullled is him on the hill but I still expected to see that midget on the green bike come off the ski jump in front but nope it was the 45 Husaberg. Into the S turn they went Dicky went wide to get around and Terlecki put a wheel in. Dicky still got buy on the exit, but you could tell he was mad....... I found it Ironic that he was whining about the "lappers" that wouldnt let him by and he was in 1st until he let Windam by.

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
Okie,

It was good meeting you!

I'm glad you got to come see our "jewel" in the Washington hills. I still think it's the best national M/X track around - but I've only had California tracks to compare it to personally - I might be a little biased!

We've been going for 10 years, and this was the best year for the dirt and weather. Normally it's hot and a bit dusty. Of course, the "scenery" tends to be more--shall we say--under-dressed when the weather is warmer...

They used to do a bikini contest at half time. Then one year Jeff Matasevich and Damon Bradshaw helped out and it became a topless contest. It was fun to watch, (all the guys were chanting "skin to win") but then I don't have any kids (parents were complaining about the affect on their 10 year old sons) :p

Wasn't it interesting to watch the crowd cheer on Windham, and get deathly quiet when RC went by.

Heywood

Feb 18, 2000
I too was at Washougal armed with a digital camera. Great Racing! Great facility!

I posted some pics at http://www.gerhardeng.com/lsr_photo.htm

It has been about 10 years since I had last been to Shougal, it is as sweet as I remebered (a lot more crowded though!).

I noticed a couple of guys sporting DRN gear (I assume that was Okie and friend), but I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. :(

I changed jobs and lost my high speed connection for a few months and haven't been able to keep current on DRN. Its good to be back!

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Hey...Heywood... welcome back to DRN

that distinguished looking gentleman with Okie was probably Pokie..... it was nice to run into at least two DRNers: DualSportr and ExcMAN (now Husab-man).... glad to hear that more of us were out there to enjoy that beautiful Cascade mountain motorsports park.

We were astonished that it took us much less time (half hour) to leave the park than entering it (2hours)...
Pokie

Top Bottom