Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Pokie & I will be there.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
I heard on another board that Ryno, B Bonds, D. Smith are not racing today, can anybody confirm this?

Also heard that there are 8 Japenese riders in... Does this mean they made the mains? Or, are there 8 Japenese riders qualifying for the main?

Other unconfirmed items..

Langston fell HARD in practice and got up and kept practicing... (?)

Travis did a wheelie through the whoop section and the crowd roared... (?)

And, FINALLY, it's muddy... (?)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
125:

Brown
Langston

250:
K-Dub
RC

So whats with RC? Have the other guys gotten faster or is the pace of the last four years catching up to RC. Is the politics of a team change taking some of his fire? Good to see a yellow bike up front in the 250 class.:)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Windham has been riding at his best recently and just edged out RC. I think this is a case of K-Dub stepping up to RC's level. They were lapping 1-2 seconds faster than Ferry, and 3-4 seconds faster than Villueman, Lusk, Tortelli, LaRocco and Roncada.

The local Washougal hot shoes like Jason McCormick & Ryan Terlecki are very fast. On their home track RC laps 10+ seconds faster than them.

What's up with RC?
He is on another planet, that's what! Today, KW was there with him.

What's up with TP? That's what I want to know! :)

Last edited:

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I'm with you Dave, concerning Pastrana. I read on Cycle News that TP crashed hard in practice Saturday and both motos today. The crash in the second moto they said was real hard. They said his bike was bent (whatever that means) and he was shook-up. He didn't even finish the 2nd moto. It makes you wonder if those concussions are still affecting him in some way. He dropped to third in the points, behind Brown and Langston.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
So whats with RC? Have the other guys gotten faster or is the pace of the last four years catching up to RC

Team Green is diluting his fuel with high concentrations of urea and body salts not otherwise specified....:think

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
What's up with TP? That's what I want to know!

TP needs to bow out and rest for the 250SX season. There's no "champions continue against all odds...blaah, blaah....:p " crap here. :silly: The next time he dings his head, he might come out with permanent post-trauma injury such as recurrent migranous headaches, chronic short-term memory loss, and others. This kid's in serious danger now because of the recent multiple recurrent concussions. He might be okay if he could, like Bayle had done, ride around the track in 3rd gear taking advantage of his points lead, but he can't obviously now. If he goes back out there, he'll continue to pull balls-to-the-wall moves and taking lines to pass where no one else out there will. God I hope he stops this bs.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by nephron

If he goes back out there, he'll continue to pull balls-to-the-wall moves and taking lines to pass where no one else out there will.

that's what makes him a hero.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by mx547
that's what makes him a hero.
What good's being a hero when you can't remember why you are one, and your mom has to keep wiping the drool off your chin. :silly: TP needs to take 'er easy and hope he doesn't get forced into early retirement.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
I agree, Travis' moves are impressive, but he's only 17-years-old and he certainly doesn't need to win everything right now. His future is much more important than today's race or next Sunday's race. He's landed on his head far too much lately and that's not something to mess around with. I don't think anyone wants to see Travis with Parkinson's disease at the age of thirty-five, or something worse. With his talent and charisma, he's the future of the sport of the motocross. I just don't think he needs to prove it all this year, particularly when his head is obviously not right. If he has to sacrifice the championship this season, then so be it. Travis will have more championships to win.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by nephron

TP needs to bow out and rest for the 250SX season.

Have I been asleep too long? Are we already in the supercross season? And did Travis commit to ride the 250 class in permenantly?:think

Travis is tough, and young. He has 3 weeks to rest. Just sit back and watch that 3-way battle. It's going to be Fun!

Nephron you have a good point on the concussion issues. I would hate to see Travis with a permenant brain condition.

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/29july01washougalamamx.html

250cc Combined Race Results (Top 10)
1. Kevin Windham #14 Suzuki 1/1
2. Ricky Carmichael #4 Kawasaki 2/2
3. Tim Ferry #15 Yamaha 3/3
4. Ezra Lusk #11 Honda 4/6
5. David Vuillemin #934 Yamaha 7/4
6. Mike LaRocco #5 Honda 6/5
7. Stephane Roncada #21 Kawasaki 5/0
8. Robbie Reynard #17 Yamaha 8/8
9. John Dowd #16 KTM 9/9
10. Kyle Lewis #24 Yamaha 11/11

125cc Combined Race Results (Top 10)
1. Michael Brown #100 Kawasaki 1/1
2. Grant Langston #111 KTM 2/3
3. Rodrig Thain #32 Suzuki 4/5
4. Tallon Vohland #22 Kawasaki 3/8
5 Larry Ward #10 Yamaha 12/2
6. Brock Sellards #18 KTM 11/4
7. Ernesto Fonseca #25 Yamaha 9/6
8. Scott Sheak #105 Honda 6/10
9. Steve Boniface #531 Honda 10/9
10. Doug Dubach #60 Yamaha 7/12

250cc Overall Points Standings (Top 10)
1. Ricky Carmichael #4 Kawasaki 390 pts.
2. Kevin Windham #14 Suzuki 348 pts.
3. Tim Ferry #15 Yamaha 317 pts.
4. Mike LaRocco #5 Honda 307 pts.
5. Sebastien Tortelli #13 Honda 286 pts.
6. David Vuillemin #934 Yamaha 250 pts.
7. John Dowd #16 KTM 239 pts.
8. Stephane Roncada #21 Kawasaki 226 pts.
9. Ryan Hughes #120 Honda 195 pts.
10. Kyle Lewis #130 Yamaha 174 pts.

125cc Overall Points Standings (Top 10)
1. Michael Brown #100 Kawasaki 327 pts.
2. Grant Langston #111 KTM 322 pts.
3. Travis Pastrana #1 Suzuki 311 pts.
4. Larry Ward #10 Yamaha 257 pts.
5. Ernesto Fonseca #25 Yamaha 234 pts.
6. Brock Sellards #18 KTM 232 pts.
7. Nathan Ramsey #28 Yamaha 157 pts.
8. Scott Sheak #105 Honda 154 pts
9. Damon Huffman #20 Yamaha 151 pts.
10. Branden Jesseman #31 Honda 146 pts.

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
The next time he dings his head, he might come out with permanent post-trauma injury such as recurrent migranous headaches, chronic short-term memory loss, and others.

Yea, like Bayle is experiencing right now.

I saw the crash in Sunday practice, Pastrana landed on his noggin in the whoops. He got up slowly (after help had arrived) and was definitely dazed. He rode the bike back to the pits slowly.

Didn't see the crash in the 2nd moto - it happened on the little jump after the big downhill/chicane and right before the Chuck Sunn jump. Odd place to crash. Again it took quite awhile for him to get up.

I don't know if he's pushing himself - which is probably the case, looking at his history of coming back from serious injury (the spinal injury). But someone needs to tell him he's not racing until SX. He obviously would have to be much healthier to do anything about the title at this point - if it's even possible to catch back up - and he's so much fun to watch, and I want to enjoy him for many more years!

Another bad crash was Branden Jesseman - on the back side of the track, right before the whoop section, Branden somehow got off-track and jumped off the top of one of the tunnel jumps. He landed on the door of the tunnel, and proceeded to hit one of the cranes which was set up for the ESPN cameramen. VERY UGLY. By a streak of luck, his head only hit the tire of the crane and he missed all the ugly sharp metal pieces (his face was cut though). This could have been a career ender or a life ender easily.

Excellent racing though. Very interesting to see the crowd cheer on K-Dub and get VERY quiet when Ricky went by. This was especially noticeable in the 2nd moto.

All in all, a fun day. And the weather was perfect!! It had rained Friday quite a bit, and the track was better than I'd ever seen it for Sunday (heard Saturday was quite messy though!). Overcast and nice temp, slight breeze. To top it off, it just started a gentle rain just as the awards were being handed out. Can't beat that!

Okie, it was good meeting you. Those DRN tee shirts are really snazzy lookin' in person!

Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
Ryno?

So where was Ryno anyways? I was dying to see that 450 in action! Was a pretty good race though, I loved how TP just gunned it in the whoops in the 1st 125 moto and tried to pass everybody!

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
I'd heard that Hughes was hurt (broken wrist???).

Yea, TP is a kick to watch through those whoops. He did the same thing last year, sometimes wheelieing through the whole section. Makes me smile to watch him ride.

Top Bottom