scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
What wheel size do you guys run? I measured my wheel to 2200mm but the odo reads too fast compared to my buds mechanical odos.

VOR 492

Feb 18, 2001
Ok best way to measure the front tire, on a hard flat surface (garage floor) rotate the tire till the valve stem or rim lock is straight down. Mark that spot with chalk or a marker, rotate tire one time. Mark that spot on floor. Then measure the two marks and enter into the Dog.
Ok on race day, you more than likely you will have to adjust your wheel size to match the computer/bike that miled the event. there will be an odo check at 2.9 miles (in the states anyway, Not sure how they do it up north)
at that point you can adjust your tire size on the go with the watchdog.
Hope this helps

skabeeb

Nov 28, 2001
I have set mine several times and it's always a little off. As long as I adjust my mileage by the course mileage, it works fine.

I measured mine by one rotation then by two rotations (divided by two) and neither was totally accurate

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
You will probably never get it exactly right because you don't know how acratate the odo was that laid out the course.

Also, even if you had it calibrated perfect in the garage, if you use the front brake hard you are skidding the front tire on each turn and loosing a little mileage each time.
That's why they have the auto calibrate feature.

The mechanical odos are not very accurate.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
You can't use just anything because all tires are different sizes.

That said, 2200 MM is 86.6 inches. ( I think ) If so, that seems a little large so you had better re-measure it.

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
It is there default settting. I haved used this now for 9 enduro's and as you said earlier it is haed to be exact since different not everyone is the same on course milage. It is what has worked for me. S-12 84.4inches and I still use the 83.5.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by skabeeb
Which one do you use 84.5 or 83.5? I also run an S-12...

He said-> S-12 84.4inches and I still use the 83.5.

Top Bottom