MXer666

Jul 15, 2007
hey, today i was doing some maintnence on my bike and i decided to take the flywheel cover off and take a look inside and see how things were. well it turned out to my sourprise that there was water in there, not much but enough for some to pour out when i tip my bike. what gets to me is how am i getting water in there? the gasket that goes around the flywheel cover is new and is sealing real good. Is it condensation from when the bike is cooling down? help me out here, please.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Yeah if it is not vented then the cooling and warming down creates moisture. After awhile I guess it could build up to that point. Usually theres a small hole or tube the vents it. Mine has a small tube thats connected to the electrical line and runs up against the frame and ends above my rad.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I doubt very seriously this is condensation. Water is getting in somehow. Did you ever partially submerge the engine? Did you pressure wash it??

MXer666

Jul 15, 2007
i did go through some pretty deep water but that was a while ago and ive had the cover off after that. And no i havnt pressure washed it, dont have one. im thinking it might be an o-ring that goes on the clutch cable into the cover.

Top Bottom