BGMRC

Jun 6, 2008
hello all,
2 questions...

1. if anyone can assist with water leaking out of the bottom screw from water pump cover. I just replaced impeller and new gasket installed and the water pump cover has a spot cut out for some reason I can not understand and water flows thru the cut out area and comes right thru the screw?? if I pull the screw water flows directly right out the whole...

2. the impeller I just purchased, I can not get it to mount snug onto the shaft...its just loose, Is that normal??

Thanx in advance for any help....

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sounds like the seal on the impeller shaft is leaking. I usually replace both the seal and the shaft at the same time because the shaft can get a groove worn in it.

BGMRC

Jun 6, 2008
^ thanx partner... yes I do need a new seal as water will flow into my gear case...Im getting a new impeller also to fit snug....I still am confused as to what the pump cover has a relief cut into it at the bottom of the cover....I have to assume this is for draining purpose??? Pull the bottom screw and drain all water???...kinda lost there

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Right, the notch is to let the water drain out if the seal is leaking. Once the water gets past the seal it will either drain out the notch or the cover mounting screw holes when they are loosened.

BGMRC

Jun 6, 2008
Understood....thanx again for the help...!

Top Bottom