mrliquid

Dec 26, 2006
thought my water pump had a leak so ordered a new one. installed it and it leaked, or at least I thought that until finding that it leaks from this little drain hole under the pump.

everytime I rev my engine it pours out of the hole... is this normal?

also sorry about grammar.. i'm typing this from my phone.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
This is not normal.

MX Junkie

Jan 3, 2006
The outer water pump seal. Change both while you are in there (inner is to keep oil from goin into the coolant/vice versa, outer to keep coolant from draining out the weep hole)

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
mrliquid said:
ok but it is coming out of the drain hole in the bottom of the case. what seal would need to be replaced.

Drain hole or weep hole?

Drain hole would imply your drain plug seal is leaking ( if there is one on your bike).

Weep hole, which is what I think you are meaning, would imply the shaft seal or shaft is shot, and allowing it to leak. Quite possibly the bearings are done as well.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
When you replace the seals you should inspect the shaft and the bearings. If the shaft has wear grooves on it, you should replace the shaft also. The little hole under the pump is there to tell you when the seals are leaking.

Feb 20, 2007
As above but some honda's also have tell tale holes for things like water gallery o'rings, hope that is not the case for you though as its a engine split. Its probably just the water pump tell tale hole.

Top Bottom