86 RM125

Feb 7, 2004
I kinda have a problem that i can't seem to solve. The problem first occurred this spring when the outer oil seal went bad and I had water coming out of the weep hole. I replaced the seal and the bike leaked coolant out of the weep hole til it got up to full operating temperature and then it would stop. That seal started to leak really bad last week while i was out riding and i lost almost all my coolant luckily i noticed it before the bike overheated. I ordered a new seal and after installing it it still leaks water on startup and it seems to go away after i rode it a little bit. My question is should it leak like that even with a new seal? Can anyone think of anything i might be doing wrong on the install? Please help me ASAP :ugg: . Thankyou

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Install new bearings and both inner and outer seals at the same time. The outer coating on the bearings breaks loose and will shred a seal in no time. Also, closely inspect the drive shaft to make sure it isn't pitted. This is what solved my water pump problem on my 125.

Top Bottom