brapbrap

Jan 14, 2008
ive done alot of play riding when i was a kid, in fact i grew up on a dirtbike but used to just putt around in the woods.my list of past bikes is, z50,xr80,it200,cr250 that i never got a chance to ride, and now i finaly got a rm 250 two stroke.here is my problem, all of the other bikes ive had dont come close to a 250t,and the only place i have to ride is at waterman. i rely want to learn how to be fast there, but i think im so slow it might be a hazard during practice.i cant get into 2nd at all, but can wind it out a lil in first.i know i just need more seat time, but is waterman a good place to learn for sombody who has never ridden a real bike?i serously have one lap seat time on a mx bike.am i just in the way at practice?also, the thing is just about all i can handle as far as speed,the throttle just seems so touchy in first,and im not ready for 2nd gear.if anyone reading this is going to be a waterman next sat for practice, lemme know and maybe i can follow you kinda slow for a couple laps to get it down.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Why don't you just give Ron (at Waterman's) a call? He does private lessons for a reasonable rate.
Alternatively Club57 Mx also meets at Waterman's in the winter for lessons. Brad is a phenomenal person/instructor. There's a few DRN members who have taken lessons with him, and they all say WOW. I'm pretty sure either of these guys could bring your riding level way up.

It would be money well spent and much safer for you and others.

Brad (Club57MX) has also been working with some Supermoto guys.
He's very well established as an instructor. One of his techniques is ride slow to go fast- it's form work and drills.

brapbrap

Jan 14, 2008
perfect! thats just what i need.i hope we can do somthing over the weekend at waterman,i work during the week and live 1.5 hr away. ill give him a call in the morning.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
During the week there is a lot less people. You obviously have a death wish, that is good. They separate the beginners and fast guys.The class would be the ticket, you would be out with less riders. Its pretty chilly in there and dark. But, for an indoor track it is killer!

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
um fyi its practice!!for people that arent the greatest also practice is how you learn so just ride no matter what and worry bout yourself

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hey brap - just wait a few more weeks and there will be lots of outdoor places to ride to get some seat time on the 250 (Fox Valley Offroad, Walnut, Joliet, Buffalo, Byron, etc.). Waterman probably isn't the best place for starting out. One wrong twist of the throttle can be ugly indoors.

Top Bottom