Waterproofing - Carb/Crankcase vent hoses - CR250

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Trying to make the CR more water resistant for stream crossings.

Anybody know if I can run all of these hoses to the airbox or do some of them have to hang down.

Also, has anybody lined their airbox or is silicone the way to go. My only concern with silicone is that I will have to redo it every time I take the numberplate off.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
I purchase about 3 feet of carb hose and some T's and run my carb hoses both directions. The ones going up I try to terminate them inside the airbox. The ones going down I leave where they were directed by the factory.

Airbox ?? back in the day I use to silicon seal the lid. Of course the lid on the old IT's were on the side and water would get into the box rather easily. I only did this for race purposes only, and just used a good seal of grease if I was just trail riding, making sure to avoid any deep water. Most bikes now have the air box access under the seat and I don't really see a need to waterproof to much.

Hope this helps.

Mully

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
The airbox on my cr250 has gaps and holes top bottom, left, and right, they made no attempt to make it water resistant. If I get in water only high enough to reach the bottom of the filter, it will get wet. There is no lid, just a gaping hole covered by the seat. I was thinking some pool liner attached to the box and frame would allow me to still take the number plates off without breaking the seal. Otherwise, I might have to silicone them right to the airbox.

Thanks for the tips on the carb hoses. I saw a kit by PC racing that does something very similar. Think I can get the Ts and carb hose at an autoparts store or is this stuff order only?

THANKS

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
James said:
Think I can get the Ts and carb hose at an autoparts
THANKS

yes.

Have a good weekend. :yeehaw:

Mully

Top Bottom