CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Hey Scott- Watkins is an MX track. It's not the best in our area or anything, but it's fun and pretty cheap (I think is was $6 or $10 last time we went). There's one big track that's fun, one medium track with some little jumps that are fun, and one peewee for the little kids.

The easiest way to get there is:
Head north on I25 from the Springs to Denver.
Take C470 East to the Jewel Exit (bring maybe $10 for toll road).
Head east on Jewel for a few miles (seems like a long time).
Continue past where pavement ends and it turns into a dirt road.
Look for a small sign on the left for “Watkins MX Track.”
You are there.
However, I usually take some back roads to avoid all the tolls.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
TaxPhd - just a word of caution. The big track is where guys like Ray like to ride. It has the best traction of the whole joint, but there are a few jumps you choose to either nail it or glide over it. No in-betweens, trust me.

The medium track is less competitive, but slick. Or maybe the 500 makes it seems that way. It is fun place to practice MX riding, but I haven't been to Berthoud, Thunder, or Aztec, so what do I know?

Adam (AceyDuecy2000 on the YZ450F) goes up there often. He may be up for it.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Well so far it's Ray, Will, and me coming up from the Springs (you met us already). Rodzilla, Doug, and Brian from Denver. Mike and Kristyn from Denver (Mike raced the Berthoud hare scramble last weekend). Cory is a maybe and so are Dale (another very fast crazy person) and his girlfriend from the foothills. We'll definitely be there between 9 - 10AM, but we'll try to get there earlier than that. TaxPhD- even though HMS is right and there are fast guys on the big track, if ya just hold a steady line (important), they get around folks like us pretty easily. I ride out there on my little grasshopper; you and yer son would be fine too. It's gonna be a nice sunny day!

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
I won't be able to make this one. I have got a bunch of stuff to get done. Might make it to Pueblo for a few hours late Sunday afternoon, though, if "She Who Must Obeyed" gives her OK. :-D

TaxPhd

Dec 29, 2003
So everybody, how did it go at Watkins?

Ryan and I made it to Pueblo for a couple hours this afternoon. After Ryans near endo last week (Yep, you remember. The big one.), he was more than a little spooked. He took it real easy most of the time, but started to come around right as we were getting ready to leave. Even so, we both had a great time.

What are ya'all doing next week?

Scott

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Watkins was much fun! Lot of great folks to ride with of all skill levels; Adam brought his son too this time and it was fun to ride with those guys out on the big track! 'Glad ya'll had a good ride at Pueblo with no scary endos or anything; ya'll will definitely have to join us next time! As for next weekend, we're gonna ride either in Pueblo or head over to Moab; we're not sure which. We'll post as the weekend gets closer.

Mar 8, 2004
Thanks CJ for getting Sean and I on the big track :), much less scary than i thought.
the big boys dont mind us at all it seemed. now i have to clear the 90' tabletop next week- LOL see all of you soon i hope

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
ahhhhhhhhh! super nice weather in New Orleans. I'd love to run out here. It should be snowing back in Denver while I'm away....

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Hmmm, apparently, HMS hasn't seen the awesome weather report for Colorado this coming weekend...

OK, TaxPhD- We'll be at the same parking spot as last time in Pueblo on this Sunday (3/21) at between 9 and 10 AM. 'Looking forward to it! Adam? You and your son up for some more dirt riding too?

Mar 8, 2004
CJ Rider said:
Hmmm, apparently, HMS hasn't seen the awesome weather report for Colorado this coming weekend...

OK, TaxPhD- We'll be at the same parking spot as last time in Pueblo on this Sunday (3/21) at between 9 and 10 AM. 'Looking forward to it! Adam? You and your son up for some more dirt riding too?

Mar 8, 2004
Seans Bday

Sorry CJ, I have a birthday to celebrate this weekend.
But, you know i will be out there wherever we go in two weekends. Let me know where you guys are going ok?
tanka-

Adam

Top Bottom