HillTopper

Aug 22, 2001
is it possible to have your clutch plates give off a soft, flaky wax like substance? or can oil give off something of the same thing if condensation would occur(i did hose my bike off right after riding it so the engine was still red hot). i posted before about this when i found it in the timing cap cover and around the flywheel bolt. i've never seen anything like this before. its very soft and thin, and it almost looks like mud color, but mud wouldnt stick together like this
especially after i flushed the engine out with 3 oil changes. i did fall in a mud puddle a few weeks back, but immediatly changed the oil after that ride and there wasnt any milky spots. please let me now what you guys think. thanks. oh, my bike is a 98 XR400, ever replace the clutch plates, but i dont abuse it in any way and it doesnt seem to be slipping yet. the bike runs great and doesnt smoke or anything, i also have a kx250 and have never seen anything like this.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Is it grease that was put on around the cover druing assembly? Or is it oil that's picked up some condensation? I'd see if the stuff would dissolve in a little kerosene. If so, it's probably OK, but I'm onlly guessing off of your description.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
What kind of oil are you using. Some motor oils have parifin in them, wich is ,,,, ah, well, wax! Penns oil is big on it and Quaker state too I think. Dont worry about changing your oil cause you fell in a mud puddel :) Ive ridden mine through and under water quite reqularly with no water getting into the oil.

HillTopper

Aug 22, 2001
i'm using honda gn4 10w-40. have you guys ever found condesation in yours? thanks for replying in the first place, this message was up for a long time before i got any feedback.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
On an XR250, I had condensation that mixed with oil right around the flywheel access "fitting". It was light milky brown of course from water getting in the oil.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom