SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
A few of us are planning on going to Wayne Sunday if anybody else wants to go your more than welcome.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
what time are you figuring on being up there dennis? I might have to make the trip just to see what all they hype is about, never ridden wayne how is it?

------------------
Jeff-
'84 Can-Am ASE 250 (brutally fast rat bike)
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (big bore kit, A-Loop suspension, FMF pipe)

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Hi Jeff. Right now the plan is to leave Columbus around 7:30. Should be in Nelsonville around 9:00.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I am planning on going with a couple of friends to Wayne on Sunday. I have never been there before so I wouldn't know where to meet any of you. The guys I am supposed to be going with like to get there about 8am. If you can give me a location/landmark I will try to hook up with you guys. :)

------------------
http://www.designingfool.com/advert -pics and such

'01 YZ250

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I believe I'll be attending this ride dennis, where are you guys going to be parking/unloading? I also need to invest in one of the permits so have you any idea as to where is the best place to get one.

------------------
Jeff-
'84 Can-Am ASE 250 (brutally fast rat bike)
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (big bore kit, A-Loop suspension, FMF pipe)

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Jeff there's a gas station on the north side of nelsonville at the corner of 78 and 33. You can get your permit there. Thats where we' ll meet you between 9:00 and 9:30.
Someone not sure where we'll park at.
El Pres your welcome to come but it'll get real boring setting there waiting a couple hours for us to come back.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hey Jeff

if you and the guys you're coming with want to hook up why don't you just meet me and dennis at the gas station at the aforementioned time.
I'm contemplating whether or not to buy a whole season's pass to wayne instead of the short term one, but I don't want to waste my money if it's not a good place to go to, anyone able to explain what kinda terrain/trail we're talking here? Thanks.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Jeff it's like the place you took us riding. Just get the day permit and see if you like it and if you do then get the season permit. I get the season permit because I ride there quite a bit.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Re: hey Jeff

Originally posted by smb_racing
if you and the guys you're coming with want to hook up why don't you just meet me and dennis at the gas station at the aforementioned time.

I will definately be at Wayne tomorrow morning, but the guys I am riding with have *cough* quads and they want to get there by 8am. So I don't think I will be able to meet you at the gas station. I do have to get a permit, but I will probably be gone by the time you guys meet. Once I am inside I will try to keep swinging by the parking area (if I can) to check if you are coming in. If I don't see you there, I will keep an eye out for you on the trails, however possible that will be. :D

I only know what your bike looks like Jeff, so I will have to look for you.

Hope to see you there.

-Jeff

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Someone, there's several parking lots. Depends on where you go. I drive a full size red &silver dodge with a small trailer. There should be 2 KDX's 1 KTM and my Husky. If we don't meet have a fun day.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
According to my friend, we are parking off 33 at Dorr Run. This makes no sense to me, but that's where he said we will be.

I will keep an eye out for the truck and Jeff's KDX.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Hey SPD. Sorry I missed your ride. We ended up riding at my buddy's cabin. I think we're going to Wayne this week though. Let me know if you're interested.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Bill the only day I'll be able to go is friday. They really screwed up my work schedule.( 7pm to 4am.) Wayne was DUSTY. You couldn't follow to close to anybody. We parked at the bridge and rode to New Straitsville. Then came back and played around on some of the little loops.Lots of quads. No camping at the bridge anymore.

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
-------------> hey there Bill... let me know what day and time you are going to wayne, i might like to join up with ya... i just bought my seasonal pass... hope i get my moneysworth out of it! seems like it might only be a weeday kinda place from what ive been hearing....

thanks

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
We're going to Wayne tomorrow. Sorry Dennis. ;) Feel free to join us RM250 maniac. It'll be Rich and Myself. Bring extra gas and water because we'll be putting on some miles.

We're meeting at the first Door Run parking entrance off of 33 at Noon.

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
that sounds great Bill... i will try and see if i can make it!! i know where and when so if i can do it i will see you by noon! thanx! :D

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Wow, what a ride. :) We had the whole place to ourselves. The weird thing is the muddy slippery sections had more traction than the main loop! RM bit it right off the start and I lost it in a corner soon after. Good thing you bought a Chest Protector. ;) My knee's a little swollen but I think it'll be ok. I'm really happy about my new bike. That's the kind of terrain it was built for. I think Rich is a little disappointed he didn't kill us. hahaha.. It seemed like he was trying. :p Great Ride Guys!!

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
yeah sweet ride! Wayne all to ourselves! the Loop was almost like slick wet clay even though it looked dry! man my knee is poundin, actually right above the knee so i think it will be fine too... i AM glad that i had that chest protector on!! it was the first dump i took straight to the ground on the same side as when i broke my rib 3 weeks ago... i was suprised the shoulder pad ripped the seems of the net out, back to the store to buy a Real one... im glad your so pleased Bill with your upgrade to the KTM (2 stroke :cool: )!! you definately were zingin through that tight stuff pretty nicely! Yeah Rich was quite the crazy man on that 4 poker :p he really has outstanding control - hope i dont need a 4-stroke to get that good :think oh yeah, thanks Bill for taking the fall to avoid running over me or my bike when i wiped right in front of you!! your a true gentleman on the trail ;) So thanks guys for taking me to Wayne and showing me the Real trails! Huge rock infested hill climbs, more mud and ruts than you can shake a stick at and slick surfaces that dont look slick! Nice meeting you Rich and cant wait to go out with you guys again!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
woo hoo

hey dennis any luck with those photos from the ride? Did any of them come out alright?

John and Bill, sounds like you guys had a good ride just like we did on sunday, Wayne seems like a really fun place to ride but I just wish it were a tad more difficult (and less quads :scream: )

I'm definitely going to have to invest in a seasonal pass.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
HAHAHAHAHA.... " A Tad more Difficult.." That's funny. Obviously you haven't ridden the trails we were on. :)

Seriously though, The main loop is pretty easy, but it's the small loops that aren't on the map that are hard. Some of these hills make Bob Hill look like a sissy. ;) YOu don't see a lot of quads (if Any) on these trails. Again, going during the week is the key. We literally did not see one other vehicle on the trail. We'll have to take you down there some day.

Top Bottom