el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey guys,
if me and smb_racing can get my hunk of junk runnig tomarrow i will be there to join you all. i will probably ride/follow jeff up. hope i am there to ride w/ yall

Squad_3670

Apr 5, 2001
Re: carbon deposits

eeegads!!! The carbon goo is the only thing holding "The Stallion" together!!!
Don't worry though, my total lack of riding skills usually ensures that there is plenty of blood and tears flowing off of me to quench any sparks from the pipe.
Man, if I travel 2.5 hrs just to get shut-down by The Man I'll be devastated.:(

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
well I've got an extra stock kawasaki spark arrestor but I doubt that'll do you much good on the RMX ;)

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Updated Plans

Well, things are shaping up nicely and the weather forecast looks great.

Me and Squad_3670 will be leaving around 7-7:30 with erac and Magnus following. Our plan is to meet smb_racing, possibly el-presidente, and Curt (the lone non-DRNer) at Crossroads in Nelsonville around 10am. We wil get our permits and head to Doar Run.

OK, anyone know the best way to get to Nelsonville from St. Clairsville?
:confused:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
sounds good to me, I'm all fired up to get riding :)

Squad_3670

Apr 5, 2001
Re: Updated Plans

Originally posted by JimmyD2
OK, anyone know the best way to get to Nelsonville from St. Clairsville?
:confused: [/B]

Last time I was at Hocking I seem to remember going down 7 to Marietta then over to Nelsonville. For some reason I remember someone telling me that going south on 800 from Barnesville was fast but somehow I doubt that...
I'm checking with a couple of people around here about what way is the fastest.
I say we ditch Curt down there and I'll ride his XR 400 with a spark arrestor :p

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey guys,
if me and smb_racing get modivated enough to work on my bike this week (didn't do it sunday like planned) i will deffinately be there. hope to see u soon.

Magnus

Jun 4, 2001
Jimmy, I think the best way to get there is to take I-70 to Cambridge, I-77 to Marietta, Route 7 to ?(I forget the town), Route 50 to Athens, then Route 33 to Nelsonville. It should take no more than 2.5 hrs. And yes, I'm taking the Raptor.

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
erac and Magnus - how 'bout we meet at 7:30am at the BP on Rt 9 right by I-70. We'll follow you, it sounds like you know where you're going.

erac, did you buy a trailer yet?

erac

Apr 9, 2001
Sounds good. If Bill or Curt dont want to sit on the floor of the Draft-Co van on the ride there Magnus and I are both taking trucks and I'm riding alone....

Magnus, Did you get the message I left on your machine today about getting an OHV sticker from the BMV?

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Actually Curt is meeting us in Nelsonville with an empty truck. He lives only about 45min from there. I'm picking up his bike from his parent's house in Warnock. I'm hauling Bill, the KLX, RMX, and XR.

Did you get an APV sticker?

erac

Apr 9, 2001
I dont think I need an OHV sticker since my bike is street registered. Magnus got a trailer off of one of his friends so we dont need to take two trucks, just the Expedition and the bikes.

I also picked up a Camelbak, are you guy's taking food/cooler?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
last time I went I took some sandwhiches and a few cans of pop, but there is a place out there to buy hot dogs and hamburgers, I think they are there every weekend but I could be wrong.

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Yeah, I'll throw some stuff in a cooler. Where did you get your Camelbak? Did you get your new tire, plastic, etc...

erac

Apr 9, 2001
Got it at ****'s in WashPa.

Chaparral sucks, I ordered over 230.00 worth of crap and the only thing they had in stock was the grip glue. Should get my seat cover graphics/fender/handguards/tire/grips/etc...in a couple weeks.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
here it is friday already, the time sure is flying by. So is it finalized that we'll be meeting at crossroads at 10 am on sunday? I'll be driving a teal mazda pickup plastered with all sorts of stickers. It kinda seems like I'll be arriving all by my lonesome, I believe el pres has pussed out on working on his ride so he's bikeless still :silly:

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Erac you still need a APV sticker even if you have a licence tag.
Jeff the last time I was there the guy with the food was not there. So I would'nt count on him. Have fun

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Thanks for all the info SPD - wish you were going.

Here is the final plan (as far as I know)

Bill and I will be leaving from St. C. at 7:30am. We are meeting Ross and Jason at BP on Rt 9 and following them. I think we are going 70w to 77s to Rt7s in Marietta to 50 to 33 to Nelsonville. 2.5 hour drive - tops.

We should be at Crossroads in Nelsonville at the intersection of rt. 33 and rt. 278 around 10am to meet Jeff and Curt. We get our permits and off we go following Jeff to the Doar Run trail. Yes?

Top Bottom