Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
After a 2 1/2 hour drive, Wanyeo met us at our staging area about 11:00 am, . There were six riders (Wayneo, Dstew, Blackfoot, Mike, Dave, and Myself), the weather was perfect. We started out on some familiar trails, but then we were quickly lost. I think I was the first one to eat some dirt, trying to cross a large pile of dead fall, one very slippery log sent my front wheel east, as my upper torso continued west. (my right shoulder/hip are very sore today) Wifey asked me why I am walking funny :silly:
We were trying to find an area where I knew there were some very challenging hill climbs, but we were basically still lost.
We finally pop out on a trail that I recognize, and I led the group to the hillclimbs, Blackfoot was the first to attempt the big one, and ended up going over bachwards, but gracefully saved himself and the bike from going down the hill backwards, which is something I would not want to witness, (alot of very large trees line this tight trail), and going down out of control would look much like a pinball game. I got lucky and cleared the hill on the first attempt, Thank god!.... I did not want to do it again. Blackfoot cleared it on his third attempt, and quit impressively I might ad. Wayneo cleared the hill right next to the big one, and the rest of the crew took alternative routes to reach the top.
Back on the trail, we proceeded to get lost AGAIN! (someday I'll get a GPS), and then Dstew's bike is overheating, we discover there is no water in the rads! So off Blackfoot goes with water jug to find a stream or puddle. After a good 45minutes, and thunder rumbling in, we decided Blackfoot is lost, just as we saddle up to go find him, he shows up with some puddle water, We fill Dstews rads, and off we go to find our way out???? After aprox 15 miles, we found some familar trails, and began a high speed chase back to the staging area. Great ride back to the trucks, aye Wayne? :aj:
Had a couple of adult pops to end a great day of riding. Thanks for coming up Wayneo, I know its a long drive for you, but you are welcome anytime. Let me know how things look for you on the 14th. :thumb:

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Originally posted by Shaw520
Great ride back to the trucks, aye Wayne? :aj:

Ahhhhhh, thats what its all about dude! :flame: :cool:

Yeah, so far it looks good for the 14th. I havent thrown it at wifey yet, but shouldnt be a problem. Count me in! :aj:

dstew

Mar 9, 2002
Yeah dudes, that was a great ride and a great time. Wayneo, you are a real trooper to drive that far and have to show a bunch of spodes how to ride-thanks! What's all this about needing water in your radiator anyway, doesn't the bike come that way? All I have to say is shut up and ride!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by dstew
All I have to say is shut up and ride!
I'll ride, but I aint shuttin up!! :eek:

Yea,.. as good as these KTM's are, they do require periodic maintance.
I'm still laughing over Dave's feable attempt to stop before crashing into Mikes back tire, It was like an explosion-on-impact,...LMAO! Just glad noone got hurt.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
What's this???

Wayneo, good to see you're getting out on two-wheels once in a while. I guess nobody pulled a PK and parked their scooter in a tree, eh Shaw?

You do know that pisstone will work in dirtbike radiators, don't you?

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Dave - Why are you always fantasizing about me?

And what's with that e-mail telling me you'd play the part of Ned Beatty?

You've got some deep-rooted psychological problems!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Holy crap Dave!,...I wasnt ready for that one, my monitor needed a good cleaning anyway! :)
Nope, none of us were talented enough to pull off the 'PK Parking' stunt.
I did however, inform Dstew of the pistone solution, but he glared at me with a scense of disbelief, and,..although I would'nt hesitate to fill my own rad,.. I wasnt about to fill somone elses rad without direct consent. :confused:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by WoodsRider
Dave - Why are you always fantasizing about me?
:think: You wish

And what's with that e-mail telling me you'd play the part of Ned Beatty?
You must be mistaking my emails with the ones that you send to youself

You've got some deep-rooted psychological problems!
So what. I've work hard for many years to develop my problems and I'm not about to change now :scream:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Now I know why you always got excited about Papakeith's artwork.
Don't forget to take you medication or even the cat won't be safe! :p
Originally posted by RM_guy
I take forever to type up responses for this very reason. I re-read them over and over to make sure they don't come accross insulting.
Better go back to school and learn how to read! :scream:

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Holy crap! I have an admirer! How long did it take you to find that! Or did you get it from my limited edition CD of famous RM_guy quotes? Just don't be following me around doing :worship:

Bill, Give up while you’re ahead. :flame:

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Hey Greg I was in the Depot today, and saw they have Velcro kits. Maybe you should pick one up so you can keep those goggles on. ;)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Too much caffeine today Dave?

Anyone up for the Triple B Turkey Run on the 29th?

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by wayneo426
and saw they have Velcro kits. Maybe you should pick one up so you can keep those goggles on. ;)
Yea Man,..good point,..cant forget that for next weekend! :thumb:

Top Bottom