MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
MTRs on an MX track...when?

Alright guys...I believe in this thread http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=149516

fatherandson said:
MX Girl,
If you attend a Family Enduro event (Bruno and Woman Rider will be there), then I will embarrass myself on a MX track. :bang:
F&S
Wolverine423 said:
I'm with you on that one as well F&S.

DW

Smit-Dog said:
MXGirl...
The deal is still on... Will Roselawn or the Spring Pine Cone be your first event??? :nod:

Alright guys when are we going to do this? :) We made it through, I only have a bruised finger and we didn't break our bikes. Even though we didn't have any of the fancy equipment on our MX bikes not even a watch! We both did very well in our classes. I would have won had I not messed up and been ONE SECOND too soon on a check.

We'll be nice and have our ride at Portland, that track isn't as hardcore as Big Air or Red Bud. We'll be nice and make this easy for you woods guys/gals. Hopefully we can all agree on a date...I know Dave is off on Mondays. I can get Monday's off as long as I have it on the calendar 2 weeks in advance. Phil doesn't have to be to work until sometime between 4-6.

What do you say guys? :nod:

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We DID have a deal! It will probably be difficult to find a weekend that will fit everyone's schedules. We should talk to Dave and see what fits into his schedule. I could do a Monday, but it will require some planning with the work schedule.

Thanks for coming to the Spring Pine Cone! I am glad you guys had fun!!!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
MXGirl - My original "deal" was that if you didn't have fun at the FES events, I'd personally refund your entry fees!

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showpost.php?p=1132293&postcount=17

But.... I did agree to your counter deal. Like F&S said, post some dates that work, and we'll see which ones we can make.

And just how far will I be driving for this 20 minute moto?
eclipsee_steering.gif

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We'll go for an open ride. That way anyone who doesn't already have D.14 and AMA doesn't have to worry about getting them.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
MXGirl230 said:
We'll go for an open ride. That way anyone who doesn't already have D.14 and AMA doesn't have to worry about getting them.
Not to worry about that, all of these guys have there AMA-D14 tickets. Big air is what there after, the higher the better. Post up the schedule and you can probably make some good $ selling tickets. I'm thinking F&S drops from the sky pretty hard once gravity takes over. :laugh:
Look after the woods guys. Find an old fashion layout that keeps them on the ground most of the time and they will have a great time, probably run some decent times also.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
slow_joe said:
How about Grattan Sunday?

Joe: are you racing? What class?

I am unsure of what I am doing this weekend. I planned to ride with a buddy of mine that wants to ride a practice session on Saturday and I would like to either race Grattan or Battle Creek on Sunday.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We'll all have to figure out a date...may not be until early fall. Our busiest MX season is here and my weekends off are rare, which stinks.

I didn't have to work weekends for 7yrs and now I do...I'm still adjusting to it! Who all is in and do you want to race or just a practice day at Portland?

Portland is probably the track it will be held at. Mostly b/c it's Dave's track and it's easy on you woods people. Everything is rollable and nothing is too blind.

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am in. A weekend will work better for me, but with enough notice a Monday would fit into my schedule. I am looking for a practice day at Portland - I will save my racing for the woods.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
+1

Sundays work better for me if it's going to fall on a weekend, otherwise I could swing Mondays as well with enough notice. Since this will be my first time on a track, regardless of the session, it will be ALL PRACTICE for me!

Note to self... Remember to dial in clickers...

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Alright we'll do a practice day. Kinda what I figured!

I could probably swing a Sunday and I know I can get a Monday. Phil works both days, but he works late 2nd shift. He doesn't have to be in until 4 or later as long as he lets his boss know.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
MXGirl230 said:
... Phil works both days, but he works late 2nd shift. He doesn't have to be in until 4 or later as long as he lets his boss know.
Can't Phil just let you know at the track? :debil:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
OK Tracie ... us motrals on this site that don't wonder in here often want photographic evidence of this event.

134450527-M.gif
134450550-M.gif
134450569-M.gif
134450596-M.gif
134450625-M.gif

Also ... I have seen Mike on the track at Cooperland ... not for long but he has been there. I also have photgraphic evidence of him on a mini in the race that year as well.

My funniest memory of Mike is him yelling at someone in front of him to move over and let him pass during the HS at DW '05. I could hear him over the roar of both motors from 50 feet away. The offending bike took a clean line through the trees right next to where I was shooting photos of the race. With a banzai yell, Mike "created" a line through the brambles on the opposite side of the tree defining the turn and disappeared with roost and limbs flying about everywhere.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thanks for reminding me of the memories of DW '05. I remember the HS pass - sometimes the fastest line is a straight one. Napper let me borrow his Kawi/KTM mini bike for that week. I was not in contention in the mini MX, but we had fun. Fred and I rode the minis in the night poker run (using MB lights on the helmets). It was great fun passing the full size bikes - of course we were screaming at them to let us pass.

I spent a little time on the full size track at Cooperland, but never got comfortable. I was traumatized by the comment from BigLou - how can someone so fast in the woods look so slow on the track? He will pay for that comment - someday!

I am sure pictures will be available when we have the MTR day at the track. Should not be hard to focus on the big guy moving SLOW.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Tony Eeds said:
OK Tracie ... us motrals on this site that don't wonder in here often want photographic evidence of this event.

Oh we'll have pictures, don't worry!! Just have to figure out a time when everyone can go!

Top Bottom