chrishayes

Sep 12, 2009
I want to know if rich jetting can make the power band seem weaker than it should because my bike is a 93 cr 125 and it is deffinatley missing some power when it "hits the pipe" aka powerband. I can still feel it kick in and all but it is deffinatley not as strong as any of the other 125's I have owned. It wont even lift me up unless im in first gear. I know my jetting is rich because every few days which would be approximatley 3 hrs of riding, The plug fowls. Bike starts first kick. Good compression. I just need a little advice thanks.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You seem to have answered your own question.

Make sure any mechanical issues are straight first, like piston, rings & seals.. Make sure the carb is clean and the float valve is in good shape.

Then jet it properly.

You'll see a world of difference if everything is in spec and the bike is jetted proper.

chrishayes

Sep 12, 2009
Ok. I figured it would but I wanted to hear it from someone else before I start jetting because I just want more power outta this puppy I'm not worried about fowling $1.50 plugs every couple days but thanks man.

chrishayes

Sep 12, 2009
Ok i checked out pro circuits website for my year bike it tells me I need a 1468 needle and I have a 1469 will I feel a difference is it ok to stick with the 1469?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It might be a good starting point.

You need to make sure that all the mechanicals are in order, then get a baseline for your jetting, whether it be Pro Circuit or STOCK, and do the plug chops and that sort of thing.

You could probably line up 5 bikes with the same issues and the same jets and get 5 different results. There are so many factors that go into a properly jetted bike, that you can't just go with one set standard and be perfect.

It's trial and error..

Then you have to factor in things like temperature, fuel quality, how you ride.. crap like that that no one can ever quite nail down.

Good thing to do is get it as close as you can to running perfect, and have a couple sizes both ways on your pilot and main to compensate for temperature or riding conditions.. So you can be sure you have a decent setup every time you ride.

If you know you are going to be riding mainly sandy stuff one weekend, go a little fatter on the main.. If it's wide open hardpack track, you might get away with something a bit more lean.

Have you read the jetting threads?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
And when you get it straightened out, get the 3.50 plug that belongs in that bike. The cheap plugs do not like over 10,000 rpm to say the least. How is the pipe and silencer? I would be more inclined to believe your issue is the old crank seals, and you are burning a little tranny oil.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, not everyone likes the same jetting either. One guy will like the bike to hit harder and another like it smoother. One wants the most top end pull while one wants a longer lasting engine.

Go spend a few bucks on brass and start experimenting.

Top Bottom