wearing a cup (athletic supporter)

vco01

Jun 17, 2002
Guys, how many of you wear cups when you ride?? I am getting ready to buy a bike and start riding againa nd was wondering if a cup is necessary??

Thanks

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
I find a good pair of tighty whities work pretty well. You probably dont have to worry about getting hit by the seat or gas tank too much. I dont wear one and dont know anyone that does.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I dont know of anyone that does. I wear boxers when I ride and i'm fine. Every so often you get a love tap from the seat or gas tank, but its not that bad. I dont think I would wear a cup because they are so uncomfortable, I didnt even wear one during football, and I didnt know of anyone that did.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Try a good pair of compression shorts or "biker shorts". IMO, it's always a good idea to keeps the boys as snug as possible. One good, hard, flat landing, you'll see what I'm talking about! :eek:

IceHawk

Dec 9, 2014
I don't get to ride much, but I wear a cup every time. The newer style cup with compression shorts is much more comfortable and you get used to it really fast.
A guy I know lost one of his boys in a very minor collision, and he now wears a cup all of the time.
Once I am dressed in my gear, you can't even tell I am wearing a cup and I wouldn't ride without one.

Top Bottom