I may be riding in snow? RIGHT ON!!!!

:yeehaw: :aj: :yeehaw:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Brrrr? What the ......

FYI Tony - it will be zero degrees F here when I get on my plane tomorrow morning. That is some damn toasty weather for this snowbound Kornfeelder. Woooooohoooooo!

Me and Eddie gonna be riding in those freestyle shorts and stuff.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
well not for me, the lows here are in the 40s and the highs are almost 80, but at least with the warmer weather the snow birds will leave

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Local weather forcast is 50 every day through Sunday and rain Saturday afternnoon/evening. Once again yielding perfect conditions on Sunday's ride.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Break out the Speedos :thumb:

on second thought, maybe not :ohmy:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Damn, 50's?! It was 50 here yesterday and I shed my jacket for the first time since, oh I don't know OCTOBER!

WOOHOO!

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I just got home from a convention in Reno. It was clear, cold, 17 at sunrise, 34 at 12noon, 40 at 3pm on Monday, Tuesday and Today. That air is sure clear! Don't miss a sunrise or sunset from the 27th floor of a CircusCircus room, I'll tell you what! That's warmer than my place at South Shore where it was in the single digits each morning. Anyone skiing, remember it is about 5 to 10 degees colder on top of the mountian (Heavenly Ski Resort anyway) and windy! 25 to 40 mph winds up on top. The forcasters are starting to seriously back off on the rain predictions but the cloud cover should help keep some of the heat from escaping at night, making the mornings warmer. The clouds should also help paint a pretty sunrise and sunset if it is only partly cloudy.
No snow right on the valley floor around Reno but climb a couple hundred feet and it's there.
Snow conditions at South Shore resorts: sugary, and dry. Well groomed and rototilled. I call it "Hero Snow" cause it makes even beginners look like they know what they are doing. Total snow fall above 250 inches to date and base depth at over 100 inches. Mt. Rose: Snow is a little more sunbaked and is firm in the morning, softening in the afternoon. Not 'tilled very deep so the soft stuff gets scraped or blown off leaving almost a boiler plate condition. North Shore resorts are like south shore but with better tree skiing due to deeper coverage. I wasn't there, but Northstar should be in prime condition for recreational skiiers and boarders.
BTW last year at Northstar they had this huge inflateable ball that you could be strapped into the center and rolled down the mountain. First time they tried it, the net at the bottom of the hill didn't rise high enough and off the poor test dummy went into the trees, at least I bet he wished they used a test dummy.

Last edited:

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
LIve report from Reno, this is your eye in the sky reporter....
Naw, I was there for a convention, and I dang near live on the mountain this time of year. I thought you might enjoy the "details"

Top Bottom