firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
So how was everyone's weekend? I couldn't ride :( trying to let my arm heal up from my NWSF incident. Bbbom? Dirtygirly? Others?

Blackhawk, did you race again?
Gospeedracer, how's the KTM treating you?
Smoody and Girlrider, how are the ISDE preparations going?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
<I noticed the door was open soooo....>
I got to ride my new bike Sunday! Did I mention I dig my wife? :cool:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Congrats! Details? How is it? What are you going to buy for it first?

You are a lucky guy. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Had a GREAT time.. burned thru a tank and a half of Rich's race gas. The thing is sooo easy to ride. I know my knees will burn thru the graphics in two rides, so I just had to get some Factory Effex :) .

Let's see, Jer's suspension, Rich's porting and a Dr. D pipe... bars, that's it. Ooopss... already ordered replacements for those LOUSEY stock Dunlop 739s (replacing with 756's).

If you ever get a chance to ride a 250F...go for it!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I did ride Helmetcam’s, briefly. I may get a chance to go riding with a gal named Denise (#6 in the WML) and she has one too. I am pretty stuck on my orange bike, though—ever since I rode my then-boyfriends 00 RM 250 last year, I decided I liked 2-strokes. The YZFs are great, though—they will definitely change the way 4-strokes are viewed. If they were just easier to start!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Don't be such a nancy! You just gotta know the drill (or buy a KTM with a happy button!)

Maybe all the girls are still out playin', firecracker . . .

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Well, I got to go for a "decent" ride on Sunday. The weather turned yuck at lunchtime, so as neither of us were enjoying ourselves, we packed up & went home. I went shopping and while I was out the main entry box from the power pole blew big time, so we were without power until lunchtime yesterday (thank god we're into camping, so still could make the cuppas - no electrician would come out on Sunday so I had to lose a day's pay to sort it out).

The reasons for not enjoying ourselves - our friends weren't with us for 1 (heck we even rode together for a bit, whereas I'd thought Henk would've gone riding with other people he knows), the tracks made available to us weren't challenging - fast open stuff, so far as we were concerned a recipe for disaster - Henk went over the bars twice. I did dump the bike a few times, but just because I'd done something dumb or run out of ground after stalling (basically, dumb stuff). If the weather had've stayed nice, we probably would have carried on playing. Not sure when we're riding again, but it's going to be at least a couple of weeks away, but knowing us after 1 weekend off we're going to itching to go again.

Oh, we bought a van Saturday so we can put all our stuff in there & my car no longer has to be trashed towing everything. Sorry I can't remember much about the ride, but honestly, it just seemed a non-event.

Oh, there was one bit going through a bog hole, I'd stopped so I could figure out the best line (or at least line up for it, because I'd stuffed it up), went through it sweet as, but then the forks bottomed out on the rut the other side - the one thing I've never done but had been warned about with the underhanging forks of the KDX. hehehe

Bbbom, you're so lucky being able to ride all the time (mind you, your season's shorter than my 52-week one).

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
Nope, I haven't raced again. I want to this Friday though. I had my first ride back from my last race/bad crash today. It went well for me. Since I have to depend on other people to bring my bike to the track because I don't have a truck yet and I keep my bike at a friends house I was late to the track today. I hate that. Depending on other people for things but anyways... It was my first time at Village Creek, a technical track. The second time around the track I cleared the finish line jump and several other jumps and was doing really well. I was suprized that my last crash didn't scare me at all when I rode. I knew what I could and couldn't do. :confused: I did extremely well in the ruts, even on the first time around the track. The only major mistake I made was on a step up triple thingy, my feet came off the pegs (note to self: remember to grip with knees on jumps expecially big ones) and I landed kinda funny. If I had been a guy, I probley would have been in pain. There were also some doubles at the track, which I usually never attempt, but did anyways and was sucessful. I know I did really well on the track expecially for my first time out there. I usually crash when I go to new tracks, but this time I kept my bike on two wheels the whole time. I had a lot of fun and I couldn't wait for my next practice. It was organized practice. But, unfortuantly the guy who brought my bike fell on his 2nd lap and could hardly walk. He already had an injured knee and shouldn't have been riding but he did anyways. He cased a double and popped his knee out (former injury) and gassed it and his bike came out from under him and he landed on his butt. His silencer is packed with dirt from the crash. Not only could he not walk, he could hardly sit down. Needless to say my practice was cut short and they packed up our stuff and we went home. :( I hope that he is okay. But, for the 10 minutes that I did get to ride before he wrecked were good and I was happy with my riding. I'm now itching to ride, and don't know when I will get to do it again. 10 minutes was just a tease...

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
Ajeah! I went riding on sunday out at seven mile...just me my bike and grandpa's ford truck. :) There were not very many people out there, I did meet a girl learning how to ride. I was riding along and noticed a group of people who had stopped for a break or something and decided to go up and ask her if she rode out at seven mile very often...she replied "nope this is my first time!, riding!" Very spiff! She was riding a new TTR125. The guys she was riding with seemed inpressed by my little kx. hehe, they say that you see women on bikes only about once or twice every two months out at seven mile...guess they haven't been out there much cause I have gone riding out there at least twice every week now. :) After about three hours of riding the weather decided that it wanted to rain really hard so I packed up and took my bike to the car wash.

Monday I came to work a half hour early so i could leave early and go riding again. This time seven mile was practicaly deserted...I rode for hours without seeing a soul, except the occasional flighty birdie. wasn't quite as dusty from the rain overnight. It was a great weekend, but it looks like spokane has forcasted thunderstorms and a ots of rain for the next few days. :(

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom