jly51

Mar 5, 2001
Maybe in the market for a yzf or wrf250 for woods riding only,i would like to know the real weight difference between the two,no yamaha bs,real world weights.thank`s in advance. PS---thanks for the red-white-blue OKIE :)

Humai

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2000
I'll start with the "real world" weights: I weighed my bog stock WR250F (euro model) ready to ride with no fuel on bathroom scales, measuring each wheel separately but with height compensation to maintain the same weight distribution. The result: 110KG (242 lbs).

Other bikes using the same system for the record:
98 YZ400F - 112KG
00 KTM250EXC - 106.5KG
00 RMX250 - 113KG
98 KLX300 - 112KG

Strach

Nov 22, 2000
jly51
It's easy to lose some of the weight on the WR. Replace the headlight and rear fender with a YZ number plate and rear fender. The lights are suprisingly heavy :think I have rode both the WR (with the lights removed) and YZ back to back and they felt quite similar in weight. The kickstand is also a plus for strictly woods riding
Strach

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Dont have exact numbers for you but,,,,,,,, its supposed to be like 10 pounds or so. So if the WR is better suited to you, if you ride woods and trails it is, the dry weight is not much of a factor compared to the WR creature comforts. Tip,,,, the thing holds crazy amounts of fuel that you wont use in one ride unless your crossing the desert WFO all day, so leave like 1 to 2 gallons out of that tank and save yourself 10 to 15 lbs in high swooching weight :) .
Above weight measurements suggest the YZ 400 F weighes only 2 Kilos more than the WR 250 F ,,,, really?

jly51

Mar 5, 2001
How much do they weigh

:scream: It was a very simple question.Yamaha spec`s say NA---guess they are ashamed to give there true weights.Thank`s anyway

WRFjockey

Aug 29, 2001
hey Humai

I just weighed my WRF250 on my deer scales, it weighed 112KG (247 pounds)

it has YZ plastic (ie removed headlight/speedo/speedodrive/rear mudguard & light)

Cheers WRFjockey

FLY-n-W

Sep 14, 2001
jly51: Just read your post, ran out to the garage with trusty bathroom scale
in hand, weighed WR250F in at 237lbs (+ or -) ? This is with no fuel in tank,
WB E-series complete system, aluminum frame guards, Renthal aluminum
bars, Arcibis Rally Pro handguards, WB enduro skid plate, air box cover removed, stock odometer removed & replaced with like new '85 Honda XR speed/odometer/timer unit.

~W~

Top Bottom