Flux3D

Aug 8, 2007
My right fork on my '05 yz250 started to leak so I decided to reassemble the fork with a new oil seal and dust cover. It was my first time doing anything with my forks but I took my time, got all the right tools, and did lots of research on how to do it.

I thought I did everything right but now the fork is making some strange noises. Whenever it is compressed it makes a harsh clicking sound that I can hear when I ride. Also, when I lift the bike onto its stand, the fork makes a rattling sound.

It seems like it is holding up but the sounds worry me. I am a very agressive rider so I would like to have confidence that my forks are not going to blow out on me lol. Any ideas about what is going on??? :whoa:

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
Flux3D said:
My right fork on my '05 yz250 started to leak so I decided to reassemble the fork with a new oil seal and dust cover. It was my first time doing anything with my forks but I took my time, got all the right tools, and did lots of research on how to do it.

I thought I did everything right but now the fork is making some strange noises. Whenever it is compressed it makes a harsh clicking sound that I can hear when I ride. Also, when I lift the bike onto its stand, the fork makes a rattling sound.

It seems like it is holding up but the sounds worry me. I am a very agressive rider so I would like to have confidence that my forks are not going to blow out on me lol. Any ideas about what is going on??? :whoa:

...some disassembly required... :yikes:

I bet you put a spring preload spacer in the wrong place?

Top Bottom