vitolayne

Oct 30, 2003
I just traded my Suzuki DRZ for another KDX today. I've had three before. 1986,1988,1990. Ran enduros in Southern Ohio, raced in the Blackwater, various hare scrambles. I've been dual sporting the last eight years, however. I didn't know how much fun that I had missed with the little green bike. Rode 22 miles on it today. Had a blast!

vitolayne

Oct 30, 2003
Hey Knobby. The DRZ is a great bike. I've ridden it for two years with no problems at all. It is heavy, especially on a long ride with a lot of tight woods. That's the main reason I switched. I will miss the button, however. Today, I found myself looking for tight trails instead of just riding the more open areas. I missed the "snaking " through the trees. The DRZ is a good trail machine, but "snaking" is difficult. I had to ride a lot slower pace in the tight stuff. Maybe a younger guy could throw the Suzuki around in the woods, but it just got to be too much effort for me. The DRZ is also a good dual sport bike ( regular gas, a battery for the break light and horn, power to make good road speed) The KDX will take a little more effort in some places, but overall, I think the fun factor will be better.

Top Bottom