Tin Man

Mar 2, 2001
Picked a new KTM 300 on Saturday, just read a post on another message board that said Wellsville is closed. Talk about agony and ecstasy! Was planning to go to riding next weekend. That's a long ride for me. Does anybody Know anything for sure? I knew when Dirt Rider named Wellsville number 3 on their best places to ride list it could be bad news. I just hope it isn't true.

93cr250

Jul 9, 2000
Not sure yet. Theres lots of rumors going around that the land owners are kicking people out because people were dumping trash, old burnt up cars and just crap that riders left behind. There was talk of a clean up day... not sure how thats going thou. Would be a shame if the #rd. best place to ride gets closed down because people are stupid slobs.

Brian

pap

Apr 22, 2002
yellow creek wellsville

I made a couple of phone calls, I guess there are 2 new camp grounds. Ones on 16 school road, called the OAK TREE CLUB. and the other is on dry run road, called THE FORBIDDEN ZONE CAMPGROUND. Some where around 5 to 8 dollars a day with camping included. The old way into yellow creek is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC and posted no trespassing. Because of trash and burnt vehicles. You are not allowed to camp, park or anything. That is all I know about it.

3rw1n

Apr 13, 2002
I was at Yellow creek on the 26th, and pap is right, you have to find a different place to park because they did shut down the main entrance. However, riding is still allowed in all sections. Have fun! :aj:

c'dale136

Apr 25, 2002
I have never been down there but was planning on a trip[ down there soon. I would be heading out from Pittsburgh. Gan some one give me directions to a good place to park?

Thanks

Top Bottom