Jan 10, 2006
Hey guys. Posting up an injury. I hit a simple little jump that usually gives you about 5 foot of air and then a nice soft landing at the sand pits by my house. Apparently the quads had dug up the sand around the jump so it was very loose. I land perfect except the fact that the bike dug and cut hard out from under me. I guess that means the landing was not perfect BUT.... anyway I land with my elbow in my ribs and the bars digging into my thigh. Now I have a HUGE bruise on my leg and a few cracked ribs. Continued to ride but jumps hurt now. THIS SUCKS! :bang:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
YZ125jk said:
You could of probablly prevented the cracked ribs with a chest protector.

You could have probably prevented the cracked ribs without the quads.

gurt

Feb 25, 2006
I feel your pain! I slipped going around a berm and ended up wheeling up the outside and falling a good 6 feet right back into the hard packed track right on my ribs. Even with the chest protector I landed so hard on my side I cracked 2 ribs and have a nice bruise on my leg.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You must be superman riding with a "few cracked ribs".

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
bruised ribs maybe??

breathing is an accomplishment with cracked ribs :nod:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
You must be superman riding with a "few cracked ribs".
I lasted a few more laps on the Mamba with 3 broken until it ran out of gas.

BTW...you should be landing on the gas to power out of situations like that, especially in sand.

xr100ider

Jan 31, 2003
a chest protector will probably save him from jabbing his elbows into his ribs. the side area of the rib cage probably won't get hit directly with his elbows anyway. but all this can be avoided if he just keeps his elbows up....

montana-mxer

Jun 13, 2006
yeah thats true, but it can be hard to try and keep your elbows up when your in that kind up a situation. think, if your already on your way down, it be hard to keep your elbows up. i get your point though.

Top Bottom