- Mar 7, 2000
Looked at various bikes today and basically love them all. Sat on everyone of them to see how I fit. Here's the order - all 01' models in no particular order please don't flame me, this my money we're using here:
- GSXR1000 - Huge rear tire, huge ti exhaust, mean motor, ti nitride forks, high dollar -everybody wants one.
- GSX750r - Basically a 1000 with a little more lightness, still high dollar - everybody wants one
- CBR929RR - Didn't get to even see this one. No one had one. Fuel Injected, can be had for under $8700 - more inclined to get one.
- TL1000R - V-twin sound, power, fuel injected. Under rated, not everybody on the road has one. ~$9000 - more inclined to get one
- R1 - Smooth power, sexually addictive, Ti exhaust, nice paint. Drawback- tranny, carbs, needs to be more street driver friendly. Everybody wants one, then they sell it. 'Cuss of fear?
- R6 - Same as R1 but more user friendly, low unless reved out.
- ZRX1200R - Vintage style, Sits great, great musclebike power - Eddie would be proud. More inclined to get this one.
Also looked at the RC51, 'Busa, and ZX12. Only the "busa is within reach.
I'm 5'10 195. Not too worried about going 2-up but on occasions.
What do you think?