trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
I'm sure some of you have mounted a WER damper on a later model 220. When you did, what did you do about the headlight mounting? The arm is interfering with the bottom of the headlight, and you can't simply move it up. Input would be appreciated. I bought headlight straps, but thought there should be a better way.

trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
Never mind, the people at WER are very helpful and told me how to relocate the headlight. Now I just need to give the damper a workout!

trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
Yes, I ordered one from Fredette Racing. He was in Brazil at the ISDE, but his mom took care of it. I only found one place cheaper, but like to support shops like Jeff's. Anyway, I installed it easily enough and anxiously waited for Saturday to test it. I ride at an area with a lot of loose and embedded rocky hills and other areas with roots and steep hills to climb. The first 10 minutes was amazing. The damper made the bike feel very solid and possible to ride a bit faster with less effort. I've already done the fork springs and installed gold valves so that part was good, but the damper DOES make a big difference. You do have to cut the bottom part of your light/number plate and use straps to secure the lower part of the plate. I still don't have it dialed in, but at the several settings I tried, the bike handled better than before. My last HS, almost 2 weeks ago, was a rutty, rooty mess that tried to pull the bars out of my grasp. I'd like to try it again with the damper. I think it'll make racing less tiring and be able to ride faster longer.

Top Bottom