jimicarl

Aug 7, 2001
spent the day getting my new EXC400 ready to ride. lots of good tips from our trail-rider's club members who also ride EXC's.

need to swap my WER steering damper to the EXC. but only a few of us use the WER dampers, and nobody on a KTM. so don't have much local advice on this topic.

can anybody out there in pumpkin-land give me an idea of how much i'll need to hog out the number-plate, to clear the WER's damper-arm link?

the mayor

Feb 25, 2002
Take a look at the back of the new Cycle News, It shows the Garrahan Bros with WER setups....only a little trimming is needed. Most people cut off way too much

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
I just put a WER damper on my 250 exc 2 weeks ago. I had to raise the headlight shell up about 2 inches, and cut out a piece of the lower shell to make room for the link arm. I didn't have to cut too much.

jimicarl

Aug 7, 2001
oh goody, goody

thanks, folks. that helps. don't feel to bad about it, now. although i need to get ahold of WER to get another base plate. and that brings up another question.

what happened to WER's website?

www.werproducts.com displays some kind of links list that's heavy into hucky-davie bikes. is there an address change? my searches have come up empty.

Bud-Man

Dec 5, 2000
A freind of mine (Kenkfish) made the cleanest setup I've yet seen on a pumpkin (or any other brand for that matter). He used a hole saw just big enough in diameter (~1.5") to clear the tie-rod end/bolt connection. Then he cut a slot towards the center of the number plate (250 SX) that was just big enough for the arm to pass thru. It's a little hard to describe but it looks like this: -o . I wish I had a camera handy as it was SO much cleaner than the usual hack jobs. Very clean and professional looking. I plan on doing the same on my new 125.

jimicarl

Aug 7, 2001
learning as i go

found out (from WER's French website?) that the fender brace needs to go. comment was made that removing it will help save the fender in a bad get-off, anyway. the fender is so heavily corrugated, i'm not sure that the brace is really necessary, is it?

p.s.; thanks for the tip on the WER webiste address change!!

Top Bottom