MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Looks like Phil and I are in for the Spring Pine Cone this weekend. Phil qualified for the Regional at Red Bud last weekend. So we don't have to go to Log Road to try again. We're skipping out on the opening race at Big Air to check this thing out. D. Leathers said it will be worth it though!

We'll be heading up early Sat. morning. Probably leave when Phil gets home from work in the morning. Then after it's all over, we'll have to head to Hart. Our good friends had a baby a couple of weeks ago, we haven't seen them since Cody was born.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Phil works until 3am so we won't be leaving until Sat. morning

Sat. is the 28th...that's Phil's b-day. Last year I bought a really small German chocolate cake (his fav) and had that at the track and I gave him a card and a present. Not sure what I'll do this year...

He doesn't like to make a big deal of his birthday...but I like to try to surprise him.

(I bet he's going to read this thread too...lol)

Last edited:

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
YEAH!!!!! You'll have fun. See you there!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We're looking forward to it! For those of you who watch any Supercross, we're "superpumped". If you don't watch SX, you probably won't have a clue! lol

Dave already knows, but we'll be in a white Explorer w/a silver enclosed trailer. I'm sure we'll be one of the few who look lost.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
MXGirl, I have talked to over 10 people this week who will be traveling to Kalkaska for their first enduro. You will NOT be the only ones looking "lost".
I am guessing - Saturday night - CBS??? Whitetail restaurant in Kalkaska has great food and 5-6 TVs.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Tracie & Phil,
I'm Sooo Glad You Two Have Decided To Try Something New, I Hope You Aren't Disappointed With Riding Slow And In The Sand/trees, But The Wonderful Group Of People And The Bench Racing Before & After More Than Make Up For It.
We Will Be Staying At The Lmc Clubgrounds, Womanrider, Bruno, And Their Kids Are Going To Be Hanging With Us For The Week-end To Do Some Riding Etc. If Your Plans Change You Are Also Welcome. We Have Some Nice Trails On The Clubgrounds. It's Going To Be A Great Week-end!!!

See-ya There!!!!!
Dave.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We had a lot of fun racing on Sat! Phil and I both did pretty well, better than either of us expected. The trails were in great shape and it was nice to ride in no dust! I rode the women's 16+ class and took 2nd. Phil rode the 24-29 class or whatever it was and took 3rd. I did the whole thing w/out any type of time keeping device...I just rode and hoped for the best. The first loop I was w/Phil the whole time and he had a watch..but on the 2nd loop I got separated from him. We caught up to a group that had a few kids w/them and it was hard to get around...I'm not big on getting off the trail in an area I don't know at all. By the time I got around Phil was gone. It's all good though, Dave caught up to me and rode w/me for awhile. He helped pull me out of the bunch of trees that reached out onto the trail and pulled me into them. I'm not really into giving trees hugs, but Dave helped me and pushed me free of the mess. Thanks Dave!!

I only fell once and trees jumped out in front of me twice. The first incident the tree punched my left hand and my ring finger is bruised pretty bad and swollen. I can't even get my wedding ring on it. I had it off riding and put it on w/out really thinking about it. That night it swelled more and I barely got it off. Today, I can't even get it on.

We will probably do another this fall...our MX schedule is going to start picking up here soon.

The people who put on the event did a very good job. I liked how everything was on time and not rushing around to get things going. Very well organized and less stressful than MX can be. We had a blast though! We met a lot of MTRs too! I can't remember all we met...Fred T (his daughter is the one who won my class), Don Marsh, Fatherandson, INCA, I saw SMITDOGs rig, but never saw anyone out there. Was there others?!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
MXG - Glad you and Phil had a good time! These events are a blast. And dont feel bad about trees jumping out in front of you - they always do. That is what bark busters are for! (well worth the price if you want to prevent those hand injuries!)

There were a bunch of other MTR folks there. I didnt get a chance to introduce myself or my family - sorry about that. Our trailer was near Smit Dogs motorhome - a big white toyhauler trailer with BIG KTM sticker on the back door, green Excursion towing it. My bike was likely easier to spot though - I rode a 1976 Penton with my boys. Wolverine (DW)'s trailer was immediately across from ours, with an easy up with some bikes under it.

My kids did well. My oldest boy got a 3rd (16 to 19 years old) - he has only been on a bike for 1 year. My youngest got a 10th - he seems to have a thing for endos in the woods, and remodeling the front of his KDX. I dont even recall how I did - I stayed with my younger son to help out in case of endo! Not real important how I did - the fun ride was! I did get scored simply so I could officially say I "raced" the Penton - this would make it race # 99 for the old scoot (Young Ted (Inca) did the previous 98 races on it!). Boy I think the suspension on that bike was clearly invented WAY before Whoops were!

My wife, the boys and I did the tree planting thing today - had a great time, then we helped F&S and TC pull arrows. A flat tire on the Penton caused me to take some easy roads and two tracks back, but the rest of the crew had a great time.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I think you were parked pretty close to us. Well across the road. We had the silver enclosed trailer w/the white Explorer.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Really glad you and Phil made the event, and it was nice meeting you. The cool thing about these events is that you learn something at each one.... like barkbusters are a MUST!

If you had fun at this one, you won't want to miss the Pine Cone / Jack Pine weekend July 14/15. LMC also puts on this event at their 200 acre clubgrounds, and it's a first-class deal all the way around. This was just a small sampler of the trail you'll get and the great people you'll meet. I also think it'd be a great opportunity to ride both events; Pine Cone on Saturday and Jack Pine on Sunday (for the JP barkbusters are an absolute must!). You guys did well enough at your first FES and the Jack Pine is the perfect "1st" adult enduro with a quicker / more challenging pace.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Smit-Dog we met you?! I met soo many people I don't really remember who is who anymore!

Yes barkbusters ARE a must. My left ring finger now moves in a way a finger shouldn't. July is a busy month for us this year w/all of the MMC races going on (Michigan Mafia Cup) this is the last year our bikes are eligible for Yamaha contingency.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
During trophy presentation I crouched down while you & Phil were sitting there and introduced myself....

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Smit-Dog said:
During trophy presentation I crouched down while you & Phil were sitting there and introduced myself....

OOOHHHH!!!! Right! lol, Sorry!!! It was nice meeting you too!

Top Bottom