2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Spinning off of a couple other threads here:

I'm riding West Higgins this Sunday, 11/14. Plan to start at the main ORV Parking Lot at the south of the loop. I plan to be there around 9AM. I'll have my blue/silver 91 Chevy extended cab with grey 6x10 enclosed trailer.

DNR map is here: http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/spatialdatalibrary/pdf_maps/trail_maps/orv/whiggins.pdf

Parking lot is just off of US-27, there is an exit on that road which I think is West Pine Drive, but not positive.

I need to ride the south cut-off and the east side but otherwise can ride whatever any one else is up for.

Bonus information: Trail is planned to be graded during the next couple days. Grading is good, although if it doesn't settle afterwards, it's a "fluffy" ride.

/Jeramey
jvalley@mac.com

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
Hey 2TrakR

I finally seem to be recovering from this cold and would very much like to ride with you and any others on Sunday AM at around 0900hrs ... providing you don't mind a slower rider.

I rode this trail a couple of weeks ago and the sand was pretty soft then ... the whooped areas were rather deep and fluffy to boot ... hope that grading the trail helps to smooth out these areas ... a majority of the trail was sandy but reasonable otherwise. Having never caught any of the intra-trail connectors I would be interested in trying a interweaved path where we run both connectors in each direction while catching all of the perimeter trail ... I would guess that might be on the order of 50 to 55 miles total, a respectable day for an old fart like me.

I intend to arrive by 0900 but don't wait long if I am not there just in case this cold takes a turn for the worse and my wife says no to the outing ... I'm keeping a low profile to stay off her radar while pumping the Vitamin C.

Also, change of topic, thanks for your efforts in 'enabling' the Ogemaw County ruling ... hopefully our riding brethren will behave accordingly and this regulation will become permanent and perhaps, extend to other surrounding counties in the near future.

Hope to see you and the others on Sunday, terry nestrick :ride:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Jeramey,

I'm planning on being there at 9am. I'll have a silver Sierra 2500. However, if Saturday's work turns into a really long day, I may not head up. So, if I'm not there by 9 or shortly after, please leave without me. I hate doing it this way, but I can't predict what I'm going to get into on Saturday.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hey Nestrick - what gives - I thought you were riding in Kentucky this weekend?

With any luck I will have some spark back in ole Eugene, and hope to get in a ride as well. I have a stator on the way - hopefully it will be here Friday. Failing that, 2Big blew the shock on his KTM, so he offered either for me to stick my shock on his bike, or he may loan me a stator, and one of us uses his KDX. He is planning to ride on Saturday though.

One way or the other, i gotta get a ride in! Bambi season starts way to soon...but there has been a 10pt, a 8pt AND a 6pt around Camp Chaos lately....

If I am a sparkin again, I just may meet up with you guys at Higgins Lake. I grew up (I use that term loosely) about 6 miles from there. Just 1/4 mile east of that that trail head was a favorite parking :p and party :aj: spot back in high school (by that small pond near the expressway)

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I've Got Spark!

My stator arrived! :yeehaw:

Good ole Eugene and I will be at the West Higgins trail head at 9:00 AM for certain. 2Big and Nestrick will be as well.

I got out for a short ride here at home with the kids - suprisingly enough it was quite clear the ground was still somewhat frozen in shaded areas - made for some interesting lack of traction in spots where I otherwise would be hooking up just fine! Temps are supposed to be pretty cold tonight, so I think we will find some "hard" ground tomorrow!

I will be in White Chevy Extended cab - older style, with Eugene poppin his head up in the back....

C Ya! :ride:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Well, I never left Grand Rapids, so I'm out on Higgins Lake. I was really looking forward to this, especially with the new news on my transplant situation (see other thread).

Top Bottom