YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I am heading to Drummond again this weekend and taking my 8 yr old son to ride it. I was thinking of trying to break the drive up with a short ride somewere.

I see that West Higgins Lake trail is right off of us27. That bottom loop right off pine street. It looks to be maybe 8 miles. What kind of trail is that? Is it kid friendly? I am looking for small loops to try him out on on my way to the UP this weekend. I figure that stopping on the way up for a short ride will help unwind my 8 yr old and tire him out for the drive. That trail right off Pine street looks like just the ticket as its right off the highway that I will be driving.

Another one I considered is trail A of the Tomahawk loops Another one right on my way north. While this one is longer than I would like at 17 miles if its nice with minimal sand maybe it would be a good one for us to ride. Even if its only part of it.

Another Possibility for us is Bay City, or Birch Hill, Or Forman Lake. These are all short loops. Although some of these may be a little tough for him. But we are gonna be running him at Drummond Island so ya never know.

So if anyone has any info on any of these I would apreciate it.

Thanks. and wish me luck. Its gonna be a looong weekend with my kid. But hopefully a good one. ;)

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
kid friendly

Since I have ridden both of those trails this summer, I can help you out with a little info. West Higgins Lake is a pretty tame trail and would be pretty good for a kid. Tomahawk on the other hand is a great trail, but I think it would be pretty tough on a beginner. It's really tight and twisty, lots of handlebar knockers. Good luck and have fun. I am planning on riding Drummond in a couple weeks, Be sure and post how the trails are. They will be a first for me.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
The kid has been riding since he was 4. He is 8 now and on a TTR90. He is a pretty good rider. The only things that will probably bother him is an over abundance of Roots, Rocks, or sand. Yea "Roots and Rocks" and I am bringing him to Drummond!!! He wants to go and check it out sooo.....lol

He dosn't seem so bothered by tight trails as that little bike is much easier for him to wind around the trees than our big bikes. I have some handguards on order for him that should be in tomorrow.

Thanks for the info on Higgins. Sounds like a perfect stop. As well as maybe Loop A of the Tomahawk

Top Bottom