woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Today, April 1st - 2005, known to many as "April Fools Day" is actually the beginning of the return of "laugher in the woods".. For today our beautiful woods became bike friendly again.. Thats right folks.. Leave your snowmobiles in the corral cause they aint going to like those trails now!!
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION!! To all my MTR family:
Gentle men, START YOUR ENGINES!! :ride:
The wife and I took a ride up to Cedar and all looks great!! Very few patches of snow under a couple pine trees is all I could see!! The lot is almost barrien of snow (lost 90% of what was left in my last report) and even the ice that was left on the entrance road in behind the lot is GONE!!!
Horse Shoe also is READY!! We rode up there and EXACTLY the same conditions!!!
Pack a lunch (there I go with the food again) and strap down the bikes guys - ITS RIDING TIME ON THE WEST SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aj: :ride: yyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

See ya all on the trail!!
Woodsy

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
must notta gotten enough sleep huh??

I came, I saw....it whipped my butt. Yep the Cedar Woops are out in force this spring. All 23odd miles of them. Rode the whole thing this morning. Hard to believe that at 8:30am on a buetiful morning that I was the only one in the lot. But by 10:00am things had picked up considerably.

There is still some snow in the woods in the shadows. And ice in a few others. But not enough to even consider not riding. Trails are premo. No mud. No dust. Just lotts and lotts of woops.

Now for the puzzling part. After riding the north loop (which only has one tree down on the trail) I rode the south loop. The south loop is in great shape with no trees down. The strange part is that part of the trail has been re-routed. When I came across it I thought that maybe some locals did this. It didn't look too official to me. There were paper arrows that were on very thin paper and looked as if they were printed on a computer at home of a design I have never seen used before. Some of the DNR marks had also been moved to this new section of trail. The strange thing is that there aint a single tire track on the ground for this new section of trail. Nothing to clue you in as to were to go except the vague arrowing on the trees. its almost a free for all I can go on this side of the tree or that side, cause there aint anything to tell me not to. And were the trail was blocked off for the re-route wasn't done with any permancy. There was just some brush thrown in the trail. Usually they drop trees down to keep ya out.

So I dont know what to think about that. I have a feeling that unless someone comes out there to do some more work on it that it wont stay as people will just throw the brush outta the trail and ride the old one. Not to mention that the re-routed trail is wide enough to drive a buss thru. Not gona keep the woops down that way at all.

Top Bottom