ericf7

Nov 25, 2002
I am looking for new places to rideand new people to ride with in west tennessee ( particularly memphis area).
here are the places i know about so far:
Nonconnah- located at I240 and Getwell exit. Not a great system
Holly Springs-
Take highway 78 to Potts Camp exit turn right. Go to stop sign and turn right. Go about 1.5 miles and take first right. Go a couple of miles and take second gravel/dirt road to left and go all the way till end. Park. Many miles of trails. Good hills. Not too much mud.
Trace State Park- cant describe directions very well, but it is located a few miles west of Tupelo, MS airport. State park. Good facilities. $5 per bike. Good hills( some very good) mix of single track and two track
thanx for your help and i hope this helps someone else

ericf7

Nov 25, 2002
Oh, as for people to ride with, I am a recent return to the sport. If you are very fast i don't want to slow you down. I am looking for beginners to midrange riders in the Memphis area to ride with. I am 31 yrs old with an almost stock KDX 220. Only mods are the airbox ( of course ), resprung suspension, Renthal bars, Moose handguards, and a fresh little dent in my stock pipe.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
mmc just had a hs race last weekend in somerville, has another this weekend in batesville, ms & another 7/13 in saulsbury, tn. there are also a couple more big trail rides coming up. the mid-south summer series will run all summer, & there are also a # of sera enduros & hs races in easy striking distance.

hey 727, you coming back to town?

Last edited:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Yep, sold the house in Utah. Moved a load out there last week, just don't have anywhere to put it yet. :eek:

I get back late Saturday night. Probably spend the next few days looking for temporary housing while we get started building. I'm going to have most of July off, so we'll have to try and get together and go riding.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
hey 727, look me up when you get settled in & i'll hook you up. riding in memphis in the summer, now there's a treat!

eric, the club does trail rides, too, & there are better places to go than the little piece of nonconnah where theyu don't give us tickets (yet). let me know, i'll hook you up, too.

john

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
That's because you're not the butterball type like some of us that sizzle and swell up when we exert ourselves in high humidity! :scream:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
No, I'm the butterball type that watches you launch over the step-up while I sit there quivering at the prospect of me wadding myself into the face of it. :laugh:

Last edited:

deagle

May 21, 2001
Ericf7,
Try www.vsatrider.com and I don't know the website but Memphis Motorcycle Club. VSTA and our club, www.mtdr.net, sponser 2 rides at Loretta Lynn's Ranch each year. We are more middle Tennessee but thewre is a lot of overlap. Anytime you are in the Nashville area, contact someone at that MTDR website and they can hook you up.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
talking about trace lake, it is west of tupelo on hwy 6 going to pontotoc, maybe about 10 miles or so, but if you go a few more miles, you will see road 886 which has a mx track,,, 5 bux to ride in sat and sunday, i think there is usually a race once a month there, usually about the last weekend, or next to last weekend. in fact, there is a race there today, june 15.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
Hey ericf7, im in the same boat but with a smaller dingy... I ride a CR125 set up for trail riding. Im pretty much a family rider, im usually riding with my wife and/or kids. NOW my wife on the other hand, she rides like a bat outa ... well you know.

Lets hook up for some riding. A lot of times id like to go but dont have anyone to ride with if my wife or kids cant go with me.

And those bums from the MMC all they wana do is race and talk about the huge tree they hit. :)

J

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
owww! hey jay, there's some truth to that, but i see on the mmc board that there are a bunch of guys (maybe including you, i can't remember) getting up a big trail ride. so the club folks race & trail ride both.

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
ericf7,
Let me know where your going, my dad just got out of the hospital today, but if he is doing ok I plan on riding this weekend, just all depends on how he is getting around.

ericf7

Nov 25, 2002
we could go to tupelo or holly springs, either is fine with me. tupelo is farther drive, but has better hills, holly springs is close and has enough trails to get lost in. let me know if you want to go

trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
Eric, look up Turkey Bay at Land Between the Lakes riding area. It's around 2,500 acres of open trails, rocky, some mud, some dust. We're riding there this weekend. There are always several riders from all over there.

pepsiguy

Jul 9, 2007
new here

I am new here, I mean to this site and to Memphis. I am looking for people to ride with and place to ride, so any info anyone?

bmcd308

Feb 9, 2007
OK I am gonna resurrect the thread. I too am new here and relatively new to Memphis. I typically ride the Wolf River bottoms, putting in at Covington Pike.

FAST JACK

Apr 6, 2004
Not much pure off road stuff around Memphis, Wolf river is questionably legal, Sugar Creek near Munford, TN, a few trails in the Southaven area, Nonconnah Creek bottoms. Enough to make a good day of dual sporting if you are street legal and hook several areas together. Holly Springs is no longer legal either. Enid lake has some designated atv trails and can ride anywhere in the lake bed when the water is down.

Top Bottom