WFO Dist. 17 HS in New Boston this Sunday

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Anyone have any information about the District 17 hare scrambles scheduled for this Sunday in New Boston? I checked their website, wfopromotions.com and it doesn’t offer any information about the actual course, just curious if anyone knows what the terrain is going to be like? The weather is looking real iffy for this weekend, but I’m considering going if I can break away.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Hey Greg…actually no, I didn’t make it to the New Boston race yesterday. I wanted to, but the weather was looking pretty bad over that way and it was a haul for me so I decided to stay home and get some stuff done around the house.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Hey Bob whats the chances of you getting to Wedron on fathers day? If not we got to get together somehow. Later jeff

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Hey Jeff,

I’m planning to go to Wedron on Father’s Day…hope to see you there. Anne likes to run his women’s races in the morning and it’s real close to home for us and a fun series, so we try to make all of those races.

We need to get together otherwise as well for some fun rides…stay in touch and let me know what your riding plans are and I’ll do the same. It’s been a real slow start to the riding season for me this year. Having a newborn at home and lots of other stuff happening has really slowed us down…not to mention the fact that it’s been raining so much. Every time I get a free weekend day, it seems like it rains, but hopefully we can get out of that rut soon. Look forward to riding with you soon!

Wideratio

Apr 11, 2002
Anyone else get a tour of New Boston Sunday?

I drove all the way out there and couldn't find the place! :yikes: No arrows, signs, directions at the only gas station in town. :bang: Anyone else have the same fun? Sounds like most found it, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one that didn't.

Weld it

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2001
I went to the race, they had some people parking out on the road because the field was muddy in the pit area parking and if you had a 4 wheel drive you could make it pretty easy.
There was a turn off that could have been marked a little bit better. As far as the race goes, they didn't run a practice lap and its a good thing. There were a couple of hills that were one line only about 3 foot wide that were bottle necked right away and if you were lucky you had to wait 10 minutes to get your chance at the hill and then you went to the next one and had the same situation. I really think they should have alternative lines ready or cut out the bad parts in the first place.
There were quite a few people that didn't make one lap and I am one of them due to a fried clutch and I seen quite a few overheated bikes some people would make a lap pull in refill the radiators and go out again. I don't want to sound like I am
on the promoter because he did what he could with the
weather and terrain. Most of the B class and some of the A class riders only made three laps and quite a few made less....if you like mud races this would have been a good one to go to - if you were thinking about racing the Moose run this would have been a great practice for it !!!!!!!!

Weld it

Wideratio

Apr 11, 2002
Layton,
Is that the correct address? I'm pretty sure that's what I had and that's where I was, but still couldn't find the joint. Oh well, I guess next time I'll call before I make the haul.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
it was north out of joy on the illinois city road then a sign pointing west about five miles from joy
then west about five miles little B only got in 2 laps i got first out of the 3 of us icould have got in
a couple more laps but i fliped on the long hill with the curve and my forks got bound up bad and i
would go left when pointed straight

Top Bottom