indynotch50

Oct 13, 2004
I am 5'8", 175.
I am a lot more on the athletic side.
I am looking for a 250 2 stroke.
I ride mostly on open land, lots of very little hills, some decent jumps and some woods.
I would just get a 125 but I like the power of the 250.
I have done some research and found one can buy the newest parts out on these: However, I do not know which company has the cheapest replacement parts.
99+ KX 250
00+ CR , YZ
01+ RM
I am really looking at these years cause my max limit is $2000 and if I can find a deal I can find a bike in one of those years.
s
Until I got on here I thought basically all 250s were the same size and shape however I have found that the sizes and shapes are much different.
This is really just a toy. I want the 250 to go fast and so that I won't get sick of the power. I won't be racing this, however there are a few guys around here that have mx tracks I might see if I can ride with them once I get something to keep up.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks a lot all.
Chris

indynotch50

Oct 13, 2004
2 stroke riders please

Hey all, here is a thread I started and would like everyones opinion on which bike to get.

Sorry I tried to copy the link over but I was not allowed.

Thanks all,
Chris

Ryan12833

Mar 4, 2006
i like kawasaki and im not byast, yamaha has mostly the cheapest replacement parts, honda being most expensive of the three, dont know much about suzuki.

indynotch50

Oct 13, 2004
Thanks for the help guys. Anyone else have their opinion. Gibby send me a mail and tell me what you have...scrubber1228@hotmail.com

Thanks,
chris

indynotch50

Oct 13, 2004
Here is the post:

I am 5'8", 175.
I am a lot more on the athletic side.
I am looking for a 250 2 stroke.
I ride mostly on open land, lots of very little hills, some decent jumps and some woods.
I would just get a 125 but I like the power of the 250.
I have done some research and found one can buy the newest parts out on these: However, I do not know which company has the cheapest replacement parts.
99+ KX 250
00+ CR , YZ
01+ RM
I am really looking at these years cause my max limit is $2000 and if I can find a deal I can find a bike in one of those years.
s
Until I got on here I thought basically all 250s were the same size and shape however I have found that the sizes and shapes are much different.
This is really just a toy. I want the 250 to go fast and so that I won't get sick of the power. I won't be racing this, however there are a few guys around here that have mx tracks I might see if I can ride with them once I get something to keep up.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks a lot all.
Chris

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Ryan12833 said:
honda being most expensive of the three
cause they don't break :nener:

I LOVED my 99 KX!

16119-16119Mamba.jpg

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
My bro has a 2000 KX250 and he loves it. I hate it - but I generally prefer the lighter weight and flickability of the 125s. The 99-02 KX 250's are of the same generation - only minor changes in porting and setup, etc. . .

The Suzukis tend to be known as great cornering bikes.

The CR's tend to have very high build quality and have the best overall handling.

The YZ's have recently had the strongest motors in the 250 class.

indynotch50

Oct 13, 2004
Thanks for your option all. I see there are a lot of KX riders out there.

What are the difference in the sizes of the frames between them?

What is the weight difference between the 125 and 250?

Thanks again.
Chris

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
indynotch50 said:
Thanks for your option all. I see there are a lot of KX riders out there.

What are the difference in the sizes of the frames between them? none really

What is the weight difference between the 125 and 250? about 10-15 lbs...

Thanks again.
Chris

I vote you get a yz250 but thats me being biast. ;)

indynotch50

Oct 13, 2004
Biast works. There has to be a good reason for it, if not you wouldn't be so biast.

I was wondering which bike had a frame that more fit mine

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
I was just in the same situation as you not too long ago. I bought an 03 cr250 and love it. The mates i ride with mostly ride new rm250's. We ride single track bush with steep hill climbs and their bikes are better suited to it than mine. Mine cr can go anywhere their rm's can, only i have to clutch a little because of a weaker bottom end.
I've owned a kx, yz, and now a cr. My yz was a great bike that never let me down. My kx gave me a few problems and the cylinder sleeving wore out. I like my cr because of reliability but i think the most important factor for you is to look for a bike that has low hours, or has been meticulously maintained. Just keep reading this site and you'll soon know which bike you'll want. You'll hear all different owners of the vararious brands talking about the pluses and minuses of each bike and the problems they have with each. Good luck with your search.

indynotch50

Oct 13, 2004
Good advice, thanks. It will be a few weeks until I can buy so I have some time, I'm just wanting to get some research so I can find the exact one.

As of right now I am looking into an 01 RM. You can get all the new parts for them and around here they are the cheaper of 250s.

Again thank you all for your help and i'm always open to opinions and good information.

Chris

Top Bottom