Technicaldiff

Uhhh...
Jul 2, 2007
I'm looking for a 250 now, since my pitbike has been getting a little bit boring...

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
- 5'7'', 135
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
- I'm pretty mild, like I haven't been on any jumps or anything. But I'm hoping to become more aggressive once I get some jumps in my yard and take it out to my buddy's track.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
- MX tracks.
4) Do you have any riding experience?
- I've been riding for about 2 months on my 120 pitbike.
5) Do you think you will race?
- I might, but I think I'm leaning more towards freestyle.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
- Yes.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
- It doesn't matter, but I've always thought of Yamaha as being a great dirtbike manufacturer. As for the motor, again, it doesn't matter, but I'm used to a 4 stroke.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
- There's three, but one is a total rip off dealer.
- One carries a bunch of Hondas, the other carries KTM's and other various brands, and one carries whatever they get in on trade.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
- $2200 or less.
10) Do you live in California?
- No. Minnesota
11) Your age?
- Fifteen/15
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
- Not that I can think of.

pat567

Oct 26, 2002
wow,you answered all the questions but at the end you want to spend $2200 or less.that makes it hard to recommend a bike since it sounds like your leaning towards a 4 stroke.at that price all the 250f will be worn out,so your best bet in a 250 would be a 2stroke.i guess most people would say the yamaha 250 is your best bet and newer the better.my recommendations would be for you to get a 125cc 2 stroke (yamaha,ktm,suzuki,hinda kawasaki_in that order).the 125's are fun to ride,they hone your skills,are reallitively cheaper to maintain and are pretty versital to ride,being moto,trails and freestyle.IMO.good luck.

May 5, 2007
I would recomend a two stroke 125.Have you ever ridden anything bigger or just your pit bike?Because its gonna be different on a larger bike,youll be introduced to a clutch and lot more power.Goin straight from a pit bike to a two stroke 250 doesnt sound lika a good idea.

Technicaldiff

Uhhh...
Jul 2, 2007
I have a clutch on my pit bike, and I have been on a big bike. I rode a 250cc Honda Hybrid bike, which I know is alot more mellow than a 250 dirt bike, but I got the idea.

Top Bottom