What a difference two weeks makes - Long &Thanks!!!

FeelinFordy

Feb 13, 2005
Using the Search and Links referenced on the site has allowed me to diagnois and correct Sir Spoogy, a 90 KDX 200 and turn a bike purchased with statement "Probably needs rebuilt" into a great little trail bike inexpensively in a couple weeks of checking this site and pidling with the bike. What did I do:
1. Clean Rejetted Carb: ((152 Main, 45 Pilot, second step on the needle set floats)) Was: 158/48's - result a lot less smoke, but still some off idle and inconsistant performance.
2. Replaced plug
3. Pulled Reeds and Cage: Bingo: Light through end of reeds. Replaced with New Stock Reeds.
4.Pulled the Spark Arrestor: Spooge resticted along with a "Git r Done" welding job by the Previous Owner (PO). Purchased an new Answer II (Old Dealer Stock)) Silencer. Bike has FMF Gold Series Pipe ((Though I can't tell anything else about it)).
Result: The bike now Easily Wheelies shifting into third,
Before it was a first gear only with a good yank on the bars.
Some mid range stutter remains, Top end is great and no more "Sir Spoogy." Thanks to :worship: all that have provided the great tech info on this site I had not worked on a two stroke in many years, but what a good experience with good info!!!

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Score a CGK needle with a 38 or 40 pilot, it will clean up the low-mid.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…