what a xmas present--new 04 wr250f

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
i haven't got to talk to dealer yet to see if they did any mods, but do the blue, grey wire, airbox, and throttle stop mods still apply as they did to the 03's? And wife said she didn't get an owner's manual, what's the deal? did they forget or do you not get those with a 6000 dollar toy?!! anyway have put about 20mi on it, and it's awesome...so i guess the ol' kdx is for sale!

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
well my kdx is so old (87'), and it was so neglected when i bought it, it never has ran to it's full potential i think. It runs good now, but the electric start of the wr and the ability to bog the bike down to a standstill is awesome, at least for me i ride alot of woods. The kdx is quite a bit shorter than the wr which is nice, but i'm tall enough that the wr is fine for me too. The 2-smoke is easier to work on but seems like there was alot more work to always be doing. I'm sure someone with a newer kdx could give a better comparison. Now my 96' ktm 360 exc may be a different story, i'll be fixing it within the next month or two. I'm sure it will be nothing like the ol' kdx or the new wr.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
You should have gotten the manual and most if not all the wr to yzf tuning mods apply to the '04.

go to the dealer and get the manual and while you are there ask him if you can read the Yamaha service publication on the tuning.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
i went back and got my manual, they had forgot.

I've done the baffle, doing the blue and grey wire mod tonight, along with rerouting my overflow tubes and crankcase tubes. new renthal bars will be in tomorrow. Bike is awesome!

dossed

Jan 24, 2004
you should get a manual

ZKDX said:
i haven't got to talk to dealer yet to see if they did any mods, but do the blue, grey wire, airbox, and throttle stop mods still apply as they did to the 03's? And wife said she didn't get an owner's manual, what's the deal? did they forget or do you not get those with a 6000 dollar toy?!! anyway have put about 20mi on it, and it's awesome...so i guess the ol' kdx is for sale!

dude i would get the manual there is really smart stuff people need to now :uh:

Top Bottom