Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We've all been asking the same question for a couple years now...
When is Nick Wey going to get a factory ride? Seems insane that he's not riding out of a big rig.

Let's assume someone will lose a job... who should Nick replace?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
When is Nick Wey going to get a factory ride?

Splitting hairs I guess but shouldn't it be When is Nyk Wey going to get another factory ride?

Personally given the difference between how Nyk is riding now versus how he performed under the pressure of his Factory Suzuki ride I'd like to see a program similar to Larocco/K-Dub for him. Work out of the MDK rig with a full factory Honda motor and boingers.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
On this past weeks webcast, they did a interview w/him.. Asked him if he would go too Honda if asked (due too Fonsecas injury) he said he would decline..

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
The word is that Wey pulls in a good chunk of change right now doing his own thing... mainly from sponsors like MSR, MDK, Unbound Energy, etc. Plus Honda contingency and the privateer $ he's eligible for, since he doesn't have "factory" bikes. And like Chili said, without the factory team pressure.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm betting Wey will get the offers, as he has in the past, but I would hope he would continue to work his own deal. I would also hope that it encourages others to do so. Let's see more than the 5 colors out there.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
Suzuki also got rid of Milsaps at the same time (huge mistake)... I think that they had to free up some resourses to sign RC... I know that both of their results were'nt great at the time, but I think they had to release them to free some some coinage...

I'd like to see Nyk on a factory team so I don't have to hear how great he's doing "for a privateer"

DRK

Dec 31, 2002
dante said:
Suzuki also got rid of Milsaps at the same time (huge mistake)...

I thought Honda paid a bunch of money to get Milsaps out of his contract with them. I believe that is what one of the announcers said during a SX race earlier this year.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
DRK said:
I thought Honda paid a bunch of money to get Milsaps out of his contract with them. I believe that is what one of the announcers said during a SX race earlier this year.

exactly, freed up money to pursue RC

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Nick has really improved...He seems like the kind of guy that thinks alot and is hard on himself and like Chili said, the relief of unneccessary pressures on top of his own self induced pressure may have helped his performance significantly...

I too would like to see him in a Larocco/KW type situation...

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
dante said:
Suzuki also got rid of Milsaps at the same time (huge mistake)...

Nope, Millsaps left on his own. I heard Decoster say in an interview that he was really disappointed with the way that turned out as he felt they had treated Davie really well.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
DWreck said:
Nope, Millsaps left on his own. I heard Decoster say in an interview that he was really disappointed with the way that turned out as he felt they had treated Davie really well.

wierd, I did'nt know that... Maybe Milsaps is too much of a goofball for Roger, they musta busted heads at times or something... but maybe Honda had a deal too good to pass on...

Top Bottom