What are people using to adjust the fuel screw?

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I know about the zip ty fuel screw but what are people using that don't have that installed? There is little room to fit a screwdriver and i have heard peple using roof nails or other contraptions. I saw THIS over at Thumpertalk and i think i want to do that but i can't seem to get at the fuel screw as is.

B

biglou

I made a home made dealio out of a hex coupler, a nail with a smashed end, and a welder! Then I snagged one of the Dr. D. red anodized adjusters at DW. :thumb:

Sears also has a specialty screwdriver that is very similar to Dubach's. Can't remember where I saw the part # though...

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
Looks like you missed my link from above :think: , it's the same link. That's essentially what I want to do.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
The links are not the same...check it out. Lou's link is for making a tool to adjust it.

I tweak on mine during the day as it gets hotter/colder etc. I splurged and got the koubalink. I'd hate to have to get a tool out of my fanny pack just to tweak it a bit.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I took a small flat head screw driver and cut most of the handle off. It was probably 2-3" overall after I cut it.

B

biglou

It's all good! :thumb: Yeah, same site, different tool. I forgot about the on-the-fly adjuster.

Being the track queen that I am, I usually tweak on mine during rest breaks.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I too have the storm fuel adjuster....nice because it has 1/4 turn marks on it. I was using a small socket with a flat head screw driver attachment on it. Worked OK, but I'd get cramps in my fingers and burn the top of my hand on the head when hot!

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
I took a flat head bit from my cordless drill and used a vice to smash it into a large wire nut. Get a wire nut wit the little wings on it.

Top Bottom