What Bars to get?

Keith M

Oct 14, 2001
Hi all; I'm about 5'9" and need some advice on getting a set of bars for a bike I'm getting, a 00 250exc, the guy that I'm getting the bike from wants to keep the pro tapers that's on it, and he is going to put some other ones on the bike, I would like to get some good bars to put on when I get the bike, thanks for any help you can give me, Keith.

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
go for another set of protapers...their awesome...im about 6' and their perfect...and you can cut them down if u think they are too wide

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I like the Renthal Fat bars. I'm 5'7"

Keith M

Oct 14, 2001
With the over size bars do I have to get new clamps too? I think some of these bars come in a set? I just don't know about the different bends and what would suit me, I'll do mostly trial riding.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
yeah, you can just get the universal mounting kits to mount oversized bars. for the tag bars they are like $50 which seems like kind of a steep price for what it is, but a small price to pay for bars that'll last more than one wreck.

as for the different bends, i have no idea. i got the cr low TAG t2 bars and are hoping they are good for me.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…