2_stroker

Apr 28, 2006
ok, i am 6' 195 lbs and i currently own a 1997 cr125 that has been decked out, i has jets, reeds, and a k&n put in it, also i bored it 60 over. i am thinking of trading it in for something with more power, i like two strokes because they have a bada$$ powerband, but u have to mix the gas and they got nuthin down low(stock), but 4 strokes are alot more expensive, more expensive to fix, and the kinks havent been all worked out of them, a dealer close to me has a 2004 kx250 for sale, and a friend of mine has a crf450r for sale, with titanium exhaust and high comp piston in it, i think the 450 is too much power for me, but he only wants 3000 for it,(2003).
i dont know what to buy! i like riding in the woods, pulling effortless wheelies and going off some jumps, i can be an aggressive driver, but i dont always want to be on the pipe, like you have to be for a 125. any info is great

Jan 3, 2007
2_stroker, if you friend with the CRF has put a high comp piston then that means you might have to mix gas as well with octane booster or buy race fule depending on the ratio, but $3000 is a fair price for that bike. If the KX250 is selling cheaper then buy it. Or ride both and see what you think.

crf230ripper

Jun 22, 2007
2_stroker said:
ok, i am 6' 195 lbs and i currently own a 1997 cr125 that has been decked out, i has jets, reeds, and a k&n put in it, also i bored it 60 over. i am thinking of trading it in for something with more power, i like two strokes because they have a bada$$ powerband, but u have to mix the gas and they got nuthin down low(stock), but 4 strokes are alot more expensive, more expensive to fix, and the kinks havent been all worked out of them, a dealer close to me has a 2004 kx250 for sale, and a friend of mine has a crf450r for sale, with titanium exhaust and high comp piston in it, i think the 450 is too much power for me, but he only wants 3000 for it,(2003).
i dont know what to buy! i like riding in the woods, pulling effortless wheelies and going off some jumps, i can be an aggressive driver, but i dont always want to be on the pipe, like you have to be for a 125. any info is great

BUY THE 450!!! thats a great price! after you ride a four stroke for a bit and realize you can pull effortless wheelies just by gassing it, you will be happy, not to mention that anytime you wanna take it easy just let off the gas and let the bike idle. No staying on the gas because it might stall! at 6' 195, the 450 won't be too big, they are usually not much bigger than the 250's. Why not shop around for a 250 four stroke possibly?...I think you would be happy once you have riden a 250 four stroke. Just my 2 cents.

as far as the KX goes ,heres an excerpt from a review on transworld motocross

"One aspect of the motor we loved was the smooth pull. There is no tricky powerband to deal with on the KX, just great roll-on power. We haven't done any dyno tests yet, but the KX did feel a tad bit behind on power compared to its competition. Now, keep in mind that this may not be a bad thing. Hear us out—combined with the new linkage and smooth handling characteristics the KX is easy to ride, plain and simple. Sometimes power isn't everything. We're convinced that when united with its smooth handling, the Kawi has more than enough ponies to win in the hands of the right rider.

This is the kind of bike that you can jump on and go fast immediately, and that's a good thing! Even our testers that have been spending more time aboard four-strokes as of late were able to adapt to the 2004 Kawasaki KX250 quickly. That speaks for the rideability of the green meanie."

heres the link to the article...

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/product_reviews/article/0,13190,475415,00.html

hope this helps

Top Bottom