Boutmyswager

Jun 19, 2007
Im 5' 11". An experienced rider, and gear head. i love speed.

1) your physical size: 5'11" 150lbs.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Very i love to win.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends. All of the above, i live on the outskirts of town. i have a woods track.

4) Do you have any riding experience? Yes, alot

5) Do you think you will race ? Not likely, but i ride like i do.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yes, all of it.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I like 2 stroke, but i think 4 is what i need?

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? i can get ahold of anything.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? Just a grand or 2.

10) Your age? I'm 18

11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion? I love speed, I need something with a speed.

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
Well it sure sounds to me like you should at least try out racing some time. It is a lot fun and you seem to have a racing type attitude.

With that said, I think you are going to have to more or less decide for yourself what you want. It is basically between a 250 2t, 250 4t and 450 4t

If you are going to spend a lot of time in the woods, you can't go wrong with a 250 2t.

If your main concern is all out speed and brute power, go get a 450.

If you want smooth controllable power, but a little bit less weight, go with the 250 4t. (the 450's power is smooth too, just a bit heavier, not the best woods bike)

To me it sounds like you really want to beat the bike up, going all out. Yet you don't plan on racing, so being #1 doesn't mean much. I would pick up a 250 2t. Cheaper on price, cheaper and easier to maintain. Since your not trying to keep up with the smiths, you don't have to have a 4t to be competitive.

Ohh yes and don't forget. This sport is 90% rider 10% bike. If your friends are all riding big 450s, don't think for a second you *need* a 450 to keep up with them. A 250 2t will be fine.

Boutmyswager

Jun 19, 2007
Appreciate it, A 250 2t sounds right. I found a Huskaqvarna 250wrk. I don't know much about it yet. it's a 1996 ,but needs a nice carb. Could i also look on craigs list?

Top Bottom