PhaTDiRt

Sep 27, 2003
Yea, so now I think I may be getting a bike, finally! Maybe not soon, but I know if I keep doing well in school that I may have it sooner or later. Giving me the winter months to search the classifieds.

Well anyway, im 13, 140'ish, and im about 5'8". Now I was wondering what I should get, I have never ridden a bike before and I dont know what to expect. I mean, I want to get something that I wont grow out of. I pretty much, had most of my growth spurts now, hopefully I dont get that much taller, so fast.

I was looking through previous posts and I saw a controversy between the 125 and the 250? Yea, I dont want a trail bike because I feel that in the future I may want to prospect racing. Considering there is a nice park near where I live (www.waldenmx.com) and I think that it would be a totally fun experience.

So, if anyone wants to help this noobie out just give me your responses. I mean, im benefiting from you so, hopefully you will lead me into the right path..

boardadikt

May 20, 2003
I think a 250 motocross four stroke would be a good bike for you. In case you don't know the 250 fours race against 125 two strokes. YOu can be lasier with the clutch and lug them around on trails too. There have been lots of discussion on here about four stroke vs two stroke so do a search and see what you think would be best for you.

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
A 250 two stroke would be too much to handle for a first bike. And a 125 might be alittle touchy also. If you are just looking to have a lot of fun for a good price I would recommend a xr200. But if you are going to race than a 125 will be your ticket.

Top Bottom